» What is PTO Tracking Software?
PTO or Paid Time Off tracker software is a system that helps you monitor and manage employee leaves more effectively. From sick leaves and corporate holidays to annual vacations, the software paints a correct picture of your team’s time-off status at all times. It ensures each leave request reaches the right authority in the approval funnel, cutting back the standard to-and-fro of emails or hand-written requests. Whether you are a small business, a medium enterprise, or a large, global organization, you can rely on this software. What’s more? Such software also allows you to define tailored leave policies for your business and direct everyone to adhere to the same.
» How to Choose the Best PTO Tracking Software?
Selecting the best-fit PTO tracking system for your business is easier said than done. That’s when looking for the essential components in a tool that helps drive the right decision. The PTO tracker you choose has to be easy to use and offer powerful functionality. It should employ seamless communication tools for better team coordination and a secure repository of crucial data. The software should work well with other business tools you already use at your company to streamline the workflow. Apart from that, there should be a sufficient level of customization and scalability. The post-sales support, training, and pricing are other major factors to consider before saying yes to a vendor. Since there are many systems in the market ticking all the right boxes, here’s a list of the best PTO trackers that may simplify things & save you some time.
» List of the Top PTO Tracking Software
BambooHR offers you an intuitive PTO tracking platform, combining simplicity with robust functions. The software enables every leave request to reach its intended manager for a faster approval cycle. These leave request alerts are in the form of BambooHR inbox, email, and mobile. It syncs with the calendar to avoid conflicts so you can decide to approve/reject the leave. The system then automatically updates the same in the leave balance of the concerned employee and also notifies them, fostering unhindered organizational processes.
- Easy and intuitive platform
- Leave request alerts via the software inbox, email, and phone
- Automatic updates in the leave balance
- Leave approval/rejection with a note
- Auto-notifications about the leave request approval/rejection to the employees
- Thorough checks for the possibility of calendar conflicts
- The ability for employees to check their leave balance, status, and future vacations
- Who’s Out Calendar that gives you a glance of who’s having a time off today, the day after, or anytime
- Customizations in the PTO policy creation
- Mobile compatibility
- Strategic reporting tools
- It simplifies vacation tracking for you or your HR team.
- It helps you avoid calendar conflicts and make informed leave-approval and staffing decisions.
- It frees you from the stress of keeping the leave counts and off-days of your staff manually.
- It lets employees plan their leaves responsibly.
- It allows you to make tailored leave policies, be it individually, department-wise or company-wide.
- It allows you to add 5 people at maximum in the approval workflow.
- It empowers you to plan and schedule organizational events and training that requires a full-house better.
The pricing of the BambooHR PTO tracking system is not available. You can get in touch with the team and register for a free trial.
Replicon offers you global time-off management software to track paid time offs of your team with unparalleled accuracy worldwide. It is an all-inclusive solution that comes in with an in-built compliance management functionality to streamline your workflow. You cannot just define but also manage leave policies and holidays based on the location, region, and employee type. What’s more? The system includes self-serve capabilities for managers and employees for smoother, faster processes.
- A comprehensive solution for global time off management
- Built-in functionality for compliance
- PTO policy monitoring
- Setting up and management of local holiday policies based on the region, location, and employee type
- The ability to define PTO accrual rules
- Self-service capabilities for managers and employees
- Smart, tailored approval workflow with document validation
- Instant alerts and updates
- Calendar views
- Remote access through mobiles
- Integration with other business tools, including Salesforce, Asana, and Zendesk
- Advanced Analytics
- It helps reduce the administrative workload of your HR team.
- It makes it simpler to manage the PTOs of a global workforce.
- It fosters strategic staffing plans.
- It ensures you stay on top of things with instant notifications and remote access, no matter where you are.
- It speeds up leave requests and the approval process without any loopholes.
- It works well with other tools, streamlining all your business operations.
- It provides intelligent insights and real-time visibility.
- It eliminates compliance hassles.
The paid time off tracker software by Replicon is available in the following pricing plans:
- TimeOff Plus at $6 per month per user
- TimeOff Enterprise at $8 per month per user
You can also opt for a free 14-day trial.
With QuickBooks Time’s PTO tracker, you can monitor and manage the paid time offs & employee leaves automatically. The software allows you to define policies for both paid & unpaid time offs as per your distinct business needs. Employees can request time offs by hours and days using this software on the web or through the mobile app. The system sends alerts via texts and emails. The best part? The calendar view offers an accurate picture of direct-entered and approved time offs.
- An automatic vacation and leave tracker
- Customizable policies for paid & unpaid leaves
- Tools to effectively manage employee leaves and vacations
- Time-off requests by the hour and day
- Supports bulk time off entries
- Direct entries of time off by employees minus the request-approval process
- Text and email alerts
- Accurate PTO balance
- Digital availability of time-off data whenever you need
- Available as a mobile app and web dashboard for instant, anywhere access
- It automates the manual, complicated process of tracking employee leaves.
- It empowers you to make powerful staffing plans.
- It provides correct details on the PTOs, avoiding the scope of errors in shift scheduling and payroll.
- It accelerates the leave approval process.
- It offers remote access, ensuring uninterrupted workflow.
- It enables employees to plan leaves responsibly.
The PTO tracker software by QuickBooks Time is available in the following packages:
- Premium at $20 a month (single user) + $8 per user/month
- Elite at $40 a month (single user) + $10 per user/month
You can also opt for a free 30-day trial of the product.
One of the reliable free PTO and vacation tracker software, Clockify, enables you to monitor your employees’ time off in mere clicks. From personal time offs to sick leaves to vacations to federal holidays, you can track every type of leave using this system. You can also define the standard leaves and vacation policy based on your organizational requirements.
- Free vacation and PTO tracking software
- Simple and user-friendly interface
- Tools for defining policies for time off and vacations
- A simplified way for employees to send leave requests
- Ability to control which team members get to approve the leave requests
- Easy access to the calendar with all the details of current and upcoming leaves and time off
- Precise updates in the PTO balance & accruals
- It relieves your admin burden.
- It helps eliminate errors due to the manual process of time off tracking.
- It simplifies PTO tracking, leaves balance, and request status.
- It allows you to make strategized staffing plans and shift schedules.
- It enables you to stick to your unique organizational policy for leaves.
- It provides instant access to the PTO calendar, saving you time and resources.
- It increases visibility and transparency within the organization.
Clockify’s time off tracking software is available for free.
Jibble is a free paid time off tracker software you can use for your business. Whether it is creating tailored leave policies, assigning time offs, or monitoring upcoming leaves, you can do it all from this comprehensive software. Not just that, the system also provides you with accurate insights on PTO status and management. The best part? You can stay on top of your leave management game through your laptop, mobile, and tablet.
- Free time off tracking tool
- Simplified leave management
- Support for Leave requests by the day and hours
- Creation of customized leave policies
- Simpler, faster time off assignments
- Powerful leave tracking
- Individual and bulk leave approvals
- Precise insights on PTO accruals, status, and balance
- Remote access from any device
- Easy integrations with other software
- It turns an otherwise complicated time off tracking process simpler.
- It becomes a single platform to request, approve and manage your workforce’s paid time off.
- It improves staffing plans considerably.
- It speeds up the leave request and approval cycle.
- It paints an accurate picture of the leaves of each member of your company.
- It helps you stay updated about your employees’ time off, regardless of where you are.
- It streamlines organizational operations through hassle-free integrations.
Jibble offers 100% free PTO and leaves tracking software.
The PTO tracking software solution by Bitrix24 automates the management of your staff’s time off and vacations. Whether you are a medium business or a large corporation, this system takes the complexity out of monitoring employee leaves. While it simplifies the process of requesting time off for employees, it streamlines the approval funnel for your HR managers. Moreover, it offers unlimited calendars, check-ins, check-out statuses, and precise stats and reports for better decision-making.
- Simple and user-friendly PTO tracker
- Automated process for time off and vacation tracking & management
- Simplifies requesting and approving leaves
- Effective monitoring of every employee’s paid time off, be it holidays, sick leaves, or vacations, from a single platform
- Custom categories and fields
- Employee check-ins and check-out information
- Access to workforce availability, schedules, and events from accurate unlimited calendars
- Detailed analysis and reports
- It reduces the workload of your HR team with automation.
- It minimizes the scope of errors with its solid functionality.
- It offers a platform to store and structure data securely.
- It is compatible with third-party business software and tools, such as a CRM system.
- It provides employees and managers with a self-serve portal, eliminating the to-and-fro of emails and messages.
- It lets you restrict unauthorized access with tailored permissions and access rights.
To know the pricing details of the Bitrix24 PTO tracker, get in touch with their team.
7. HR Cloud
Using the HR Cloud time off management software, you can not only simplify but also automate and streamline your PTO tracking tasks. From automated notifications to centralized tracking of employee leaves to calendar integrations, the software includes all the necessary functionalities for a smoother workflow. It enables employees to request time offs with a single click. The requests reach the concerned managers instantly, cutting down the time taken in a manual process. The best part? All the data is stored centrally for easy access and accuracy.
- A single system to track and manage paid time off of your employees
- Simpler, one-click leave requests
- Powerful leave tracking and management mechanism
- Calendar integrations
- Automated updates
- Employee self-service capability
- Custom policies
- Easy access to balance leaves, accruals, and organizational policies
- Secured data storage
- Integration with the leading business tools, including Google Apps and Slack
- It streamlines the PTO tracking and management processes.
- It cuts down the duration of the leave request and approval cycle.
- It reduces the risk of errors and mismanagement in planning.
- It empowers employees to plan their leaves in line with company policies.
- It provides an accurate picture of all your employees’ time off statuses.
- It makes managing your staff schedule a hassle-free process.
- It improves overall business operations through easy integrations.
You need to contact the HR Cloud team for the pricing details of their PTO tracking system. You can also schedule a free product demo to understand the workings of the software.
Whether it is managing paid time off policy of your organization or handling custom accruals for your workforce, the Mitrefinch PTO tracker can get things moving for you. The software simplifies managing vacations and time off for both your part-time and full-time employees, thus saving you significant time and resources. All while helping you get rid of the errors occurring out of the standard manual time off tracking systems.
- A robust paid time off tracking solution
- Tailored employee accruals
- Leave management and monitoring for the part-time and full-time workforce
- Hassle-free data imports and exports
- Integration with a range of payroll systems to offer a streamlined workflow
- It saves you time and resources.
- It lowers the burden of your human resources team, enabling them to focus on other critical tasks.
- It makes the process of PTO tracking and management simpler, smoother and quicker.
- It provides a platform to store and access data effectively.
- It helps optimize organizational operations as a whole.
You can connect with the team of Mitrefinch to know the pricing of their PTO monitoring software or book a product demo to learn more.
Built for Teams offers an accurate PTO tracking tool that is powerful, flexible, and easy to use at the same time. Using this system, you can outline an unlimited bunch of leave policies tailored to your organizational goals without any hassles. From sick leaves to personal leaves to family vacations and public holidays, this software helps keep track of every type of time off you offer to your workforce. You can also increase the time off of your employees depending on their years of service.
- Easy to use PTO tracking software
- Flexible platform with powerful functionalities
- Ability to create unlimited custom leave policies
- Tracking of a range of leaves, including sick days, personal, holidays, and vacations
- Flexible and automated accruals
- Earned time off offerings
- Self-serve portal for managers and employees
- Simplified time off request submissions via mobile app, web, and Slack
- Real-time overview of account balances, leave request status, and history
- One-click leave approvals
- Real-time updates
- Easy time off sharing capability with colleagues
- Shareable, interactive calendar with automated calendar updates
- Precise reports
- It is simple to adapt by your team.
- It speeds up your time off request and approval process significantly.
- It offers hassle-free customizations and flexibility for a smoother workflow.
- It provides Slack integration.
- It makes it easy to share calendars and plan staff schedules optimally.
- It offers cloud management with anytime, anywhere accessibility, letting you stay updated about your team’s time off no matter where you are.
The PTO tracking software by Built for Teams is available for fully custom pricing. For details, get in touch with their team.
The PTO tracker software by LeaveBoard takes the effort out of maintaining and monitoring employee time offs. The software is intuitive and offers ease of use. You can easily create personalized leave policies for your organization using this platform. On top of it, there is a self-serve portal for employees to steer their paid time off planning tactfully. The best part? The system also offers accurate analytics and reporting tools to foster enhanced decisions.
- Intuitive PTO tracking platform
- Leave monitoring and management
- Self-serve portal for employees
- Integration with the leading calendars, such as Outlook and Google
- Customizable time off types and policy creation
- Easy access to calendars
- PTO requests, calculator, and balance
- Cloud-enabled infrastructure, enabling anytime, anywhere accessibility
- Precise reports, trend analysis, and actionable insights
- It helps you streamline your time off tracking and managing duties, improving the overall HR workflow.
- It offers data efficiency, visibility, and accuracy.
- It boosts the leave approval process.
- It enables your HR team to effectively plan schedules while empowering employees to use their PTOs wisely.
- It saves you time and labor costs.
- It improves productivity with remote access.
- It provides real-time data and analysis to understand absenteeism and people trends to make powerful decisions.
LeaveBoard PTO tracker is available in the following plans:
- Free with limited features for a team of up to 9 people
- Pro at $1.35 per employee per month
- Enterprise at custom pricing for large-scale organizations with 81+ employees
You can also get a free 14-day trial or request a product demo.
» Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is PTO Tracking Software?
PTO tracking software is a system that helps you track and manage paid time off of your workforce. The software tends to automate most or all of your manual leave management and monitoring activities, simplifying the entire HR workflow. Whether you are a small business or a big corporation, such a system can help you define PTO policies and stick to them to create a solid staffing strategy.
2. What is the purpose of a PTO Tracker?
The purpose of a PTO tracking tool is to take the complications out of monitoring and managing employees’ paid time off and vacations. It makes it easier for employees to track, view, and plan their leaves. At the same time, it turns the task of creating staff schedules and approving/denying leaves simpler for managers.
3. What are the key features of a PTO tracking system?
Every PTO tracking platform comes with its own set of features. However, there are certain common characteristics, including ease of use and solid functionality. In addition, the leading PTO trackers offer customizations, seamless integrations, automated calendar updates, easy calendar sharing, instant leave requests, and approvals, leave accruals and balance overview, centralized time-off management, remote access, and smart reporting and trend analysis to name a few.
4. How would a vacation tracking software system help my organization?
With a vacation tracking system, you can manage the paid leaves and time off of your entire workforce from a single platform. That takes the complexities and potential errors associated with the manual leave management process out of the picture. As a result, you get accurate information about your team’s PTOs at any given moment, which, in turn, helps you manage your people and their shifts more effectively. Besides, the automated system saves you significant time and resources while streamlining your workflow.
5. How much does a PTO tracking tool cost?
The price of a PTO tracking tool varies from vendor to vendor. While one system may cost you anything between $5 to $10 per month, another may be available for a whopping price of $149 a month per user. There are some leading free PTO tracking software solutions, too, in the market. In the end, it all depends upon your requirements and the features and support the system has to offer.