For somebody with a huge warehouse or multiple warehouses, controlling everything that goes on can get hectic if it's all done manually. Imagine keeping book entries for every transaction in a business of 30 warehouses. Sounds horrific? Well, it is. Now, imagine a scenario where every operation is monitored and handled with a single system. Got a relieving feeling? Here's when Warehouse Management Software comes into the picture. It is a software application that helps various organizations with controlling and managing day-to-day activities that go on in a warehouse. From inventory to orders, this software takes care of everything.
Now, when something so convenient came into the market, there was a sudden revolution where everybody wanted to contribute to this certain industry of warehouse management system. With some really great software ideas and customer service ideas, some companies came in to settle forever. They offered some keen features in the WMS, including all the latest innovations in the technical world. Just quite soon, there was software that could handle as many warehouses as required. This only created a dilemma for those who need to use this software but don't know whom to choose. For this dilemma, we've come up with a list of 10 top warehouse management software that currently leads the market with its key features and pros.
List of Top Warehouse Management Software
1. Logiwa WMS - Warehouse Management System Tailored To High Volume Fulfillment
2. Tecsys - Warehouse Management Software Designed for the Future of Your Industry
3. OSAS - Top WMS Software
4. Infor WMS - Advanced warehouse management
5. Softeon - Delivers Distribution Excellence
6. NetSuite WMS - Warehouse Management System to grow your operations
7. ChainDrive WMS - Manage, locate and distribute goods quickly and efficiently
8. RetailOps - A complete Warehouse Management system built for growth
9. SAP EWM - Extended Warehouse Management
10. Oracle - Warehouse Management for the New Fulfillment Economy
1. Logiwa WMS
Logiwa, a company founded in 2004, disclosed an uncovered fact that warehouse management lacked the ability to fulfill DTC and B2C orders even though they were absolutely prepared to cater to B2B requirements. Considering the increasing importance of e-commerce in the world, the founders of Logwia came up with extraordinary warehouse management software that enabled the fulfillment of B2B, DTC, and B2C orders. This warehouse inventory management software specializes in fulfilling cloud-based orders while assisting a business in e-commerce, retail, and wholesale industries. Consistently satisfying services to consumers made Logiwa the industry-leading warehouse management software for small and medium businesses around the globe.
• Logiwa's innovative technology provides a powerful integration of market, shipment, accounting, and eCommerce platforms.
• Logiwa's WMS software also facilitates custom integrations with an open API.
• They help their clients with reduced operational costs, increased margins, visibility, and multiple sales channels.
• Any company is free to manage unlimited warehouses with the Logiwa warehouse management system.
• Connecting multiple platforms at once.
• Ensuring accuracy in the number of products, places, and time in the supply chain.
• Monitor every activity from picking, shipping, and packing with configured warehouse management systems and customized algorithms.
• High volume warehouse fulfillment
• Multiple warehouse management
• Customized algorithms
• Multi-platform integration
• Automated job creation
• Replenishment that is demand-driven
Tecsys, when came up in 1983, nothing in supply management was similar to what it is today. But, with this change, the fact that a good supply chain can fuel an organization's performance still stands true. With Tecsys' solutions and services, it's easier to understand the complex operations related to the end-to-end supply chain. Clients with Tecsys' support can reduce their operating costs, realize optimization opportunities, and improve customer service. Tecsys believe that organizations should always seek the opportunities to move forward, and they shouldn't have to sacrifice their core values and principles as they capture such opportunities.
• Tecsys helps an organization with designing, implementing, and deploying its supply chain solutions.
• Their services are time-tested and have been implemented for success in many organizations already.
• Tecsys' team of software experts, project managers, and industry specialists reduce the time invested in solutions and controls all the implementation risks whatsoever.
• Tecsys focuses on delivering the best supply chain solutions while also taking care of the disruption to an organization's key operations.
• Tecsys focuses on delivering supply chain methods that are future-driven and always deal with the situation that might arise in the future.
• Technology that Tecsys delivers is always simple to use and handle.
• They have customized solutions for every unique problem and every organization.
• Technology that keeps up with innovations in the technical world is Tecsys' main idea.
• Future-driven methodology
• Scalable and adaptable service
• Simple to use technology
• Adjustable solutions as per requirement
• Innovative solutions to keep pace with the shifting industry dynamics
OSAS has been delivering ace customer service and product development since 1976, and they continue to do so till date. They deal in powerful accounting software for business and ERP solutions and services. OSAS generally works with consultants, developers, and customers to deliver adaptable solutions to all their warehouse management problems. What differentiates them from other organizations is their assurance for success to their clients. They help an organization with ERP solutions that helps it stay competitive, effective, and transformable for continued success. With solutions that keep up with the latest technology updates, service that's friendly, and extensive experience, OSAS believes that it'll turn out to be an organization's best return on technology investment.
• OSAS delivers an innovative solution that drives a company's improvement and growth in the respective market.
• Such ERP solutions by OSAS provide all the tools required to manage every phase of an organization's business in one single warehouse inventory management system.
• These ERP systems by OSAS are made for dealing with huge organizations while they also serve perfectly as a warehouse management software for small businesses.
• Warehouse management system software provided by OSAS is affordable as well as flexible enough to be used by any organization.
• OSAS takes care of an organization's accounting, distribution, and manufacturing needs with a single ERP system.
• Consistent and prompt order fulfillment
• Efficiency in day-to-day activities
• Trackable inventory items
•Flexibility to choose the method of receiving inventory items
• Easy connection with other workstations
4. Infor WMS
Infor has succeeded in maintaining a leading position in the market for providing business cloud software products to organizations that deal with a specific industry. Infor builds a cloud with an entire industry's information and then deploy technical solutions for all the problems that exist in that specific industry. Such technical solutions by Infor always put user experience first, integrate easily with multiple programs, and leverages data science to improve customer service. With so many years of experience in hand, Infor has tied up with about 67,000 organizations that now depend on them for dealing with market disruptions and achieving digital transformation.
• An advanced warehouse management system by Infor helps an organization keep up with the speed and accuracy needed to keep the supply chain moving.
• With unprecedented visibility into orders, human capital, inventory, and equipment, Infor WMS empowers organizations to improve services and increase product velocity.
• Infor's WMS system eases distribution management for the businesses.
• This warehouse inventory management software acts as a means to fulfill warehouse requirements with effective labor management and reduced complexity.
• This warehouse management system software is ready to be applied in next-generation since it's technology-enhanced and takes care of the warehouse operations globally.
• This warehouse inventory management system is available in about 14 languages and certainly, helps with order accuracy and productivity.
• Advanced warehouse management system
• Perfectly configurable
• Modern UX designs
• Functions as per industry
• Deployable in the cloud or on-premises
• Multisite warehousing
• Available in 14 languages
Softeon is one of the leading companies in the warehouse management system that has been providing innovative supply chain solutions for a supply chain's success every time that they deal with one. This is a huge thing in itself since any warehouse management system vendor never makes this claim of 100% success. Softeon has carried this track record of complete success for over 20+ years by delivering solutions to more than 125 supply chain leaders. Their solutions to supply chain management delivers a single, integrated, and a service-based technology platform. These solutions by Softeon are typically divided into three categories, including Warehouse Management System, Distributed Order Management, and Warehouse Execution System.
• Softeon WMS strives to deliver excellent distribution with a powerful platform loaded with technical innovations.
• Softeon warehouse inventory software is made up of differentiated capabilities that handle the warehousing basics.
• From receiving, inventory management, loading, putaway, picking, and shipping, Softeon delivers one of the best warehouse management software.
• While it's perfectly capable of dealing with the general basics of warehousing, such WMS solutions also provide unique functionality for specific industries and businesses.
• Softeon carries its 100% deployment record with its on-premises or in-the-cloud deliverable WMS software.
• Robust configuration parameters
• Rules-engine foundation
• Unique functionality
• Sophisticated cycle counting capabilities
• Direct integration and optimization
• Unique pick-route function
• One-to-many approach
• Complementary WES
6. NetSuite WMS
NetSuite is yet another establishment by one of the renowned cloud companies Oracle who founded it in 2016. With its establishment, NetSuite brought a revolution of business applications all over the world. Thanks to their contribution to the application industry, NetSuite now is associated with about 21,000 customers worldwide. Why should one choose NetSuite for WMS? Simply because it's the leading company of cloud-based business software and is capable of managing core business processes from a single system. Even if some of the non-profit organizations fail to pay the amount for NetSuite WMS, their success is supported by NetSuite regardless of the money.
• With NetSuite, a business can streamline its warehousing operations and ensure on-time delivery of products at optimal cost.
• Be a smart business with a NetSuite WMS system that understands the importance of inventory control, order fulfillment, and optimum shipping costs.
• Increase agility, labor efficiency, and visibility in your business with this warehouse management software.
• Manage all the resources and distribution operations while holding control over extra costs of ownership.
• Manage your organization with RF devices that direct putaway and picking related tasks with customized strategies programmed into the WMS software.
• Inbound logistics to manage orders
• Inventory management with multiple options to program
• Outbound logistics to optimize cash flow in the business.
• Advanced WMS system
• Embedded solutions options
• Global support for business
• Real-time innovations
ChainDrive is one of the main subsidiaries of Multidev Technologies who have been serving e-tailers, retailers, and wholesalers for over two decades now. Since they believe that one typical software can't cater to every industry, they keep innovating as per the technology and their clients' demand. They offer an adaptable service to deliver industry-specific particularities. They specialize in certain industries, including footwear, sporting goods, home decor, jewellery, and apparel. They collaborate with retailers to deliver the latest trends in retail markets with flexible and scalable ERP software. It allows a business to channel all the important functions with one single system.
• With the ChainDrive warehouse management system, one can manage, distribute, and locate goods efficiently and quickly.
• Control the inventory movement and gain visibility, efficiency, and productivity to achieve the utmost accuracy.
• ChainDrive WMS system simplifies your receipt processes while taking care of productivity reporting and work management in the warehouse.
• Provides an ability to monitor the inventory, transfer, and shipment operations with optimal use of warehouse resources.
• It's an exceptional WMS software with features like cross-dock, supply chain management, and wave-based distribution.
• Warehouse layout tools
• Receipt appointment setting
• Advanced notifications for shipping
• Compatible with EDI
• Wireless capable
• Precise status tracking
• Warehouse status update
• Regular productivity reporting
RetailOps believe in working as a family of expert thinkers, leaders, and innovators. To reach where they are today in the warehouse management industry, a decade of hard work and utmost customer satisfaction took place. Motivation with the founders of RetailOps was to eliminate all the issues in supply management that they faced themselves while working for other companies. RetailOps thus became one of the few companies that built and scaled e-commerce technology to connect it with digital marketing. In fact, when they first started the business, they were looking for warehouse management software themselves. After a while, fed up with the lousy pitches, they decided to build one for themselves since there was no effective software in the industry yet.
• Multi-warehouse support in RetailOps, warehouse management system, helps the organizations to streamline various warehouse operations, increase accountability, and improve fulfillment time.
• A complete WMS with smart shipment methods to accurate product receiving with warehouse barcode system as well.
• An optimal walking path that reduces shipping errors by default
• Scan audits in customer package items that ensure that every customer gets their ordered items right every single time.
• License plating support for those who want to leverage shipping systems that already exist.
• Unlimited scalability to add multiple warehouses, employees, and product information.
• Wireless iOS app that acts as a route to warehouse domination.
• Automated and efficient WMS
• Streamlined receiving processes
• Optimal pick-path
• Scan-based audits
• Configurable rules for negotiating shipping rates
• Chaotic inventory management
• Barcoding if required
9. SAP EWM
SAP deals in systems, applications, and products in data processing and was founded in 1972 in Germany. Even though it began at such a small scale, it has grown itself into multiple countries with offices worldwide. Originally, they dealt in enterprise resource planning, but now have evolved and become one of the market leaders for end-to-end software application for enterprises. With over 200 million users worldwide, SAP is certainly one of the top cloud companies that help small and huge businesses to earn maximum profits and maintain a competitive advantage in their respective industries. Their client's purpose is SAP's purpose too.
• Flexible warehouse management system to handle a high volume of warehouse products.
• Warehouse and distribution processes to manage multiple operations and complex logistics.
• Maximized use of resources like space, people, equipment, and time.
• Reduced-order cycle times and more valuable service to customers.
• Standardized procedures to help with increased productivity and complete accuracy.
• Ultimate visibility and control
• Reduced warehouse costs
• Improved customer service
• High productivity and accuracy
• Enhanced flexibility and scalability
• Stronger compliance
Oracle is that one-stop you reach while seeking endless opportunities and possibilities for maximum profit of your business. Ever since Oracle came to existence, they've carried the motivation of innovation along and implemented it millions of times ever since. With the support of an exceptional team with exceptional people, Oracle is now counted among companies that deliver one of the top autonomous cloud application technologies. Oracle's end goal is to provide improved insights to people about data so that they perceive it in a new way to discover endless opportunities that behold within the data.
• Oracle's WMS is an innovative product with various mobile solutions and a convenient user interface.
• This WMS combines the savings and speed of the cloud to manage the warehouse in the best way possible while fulfilling all the capabilities.
• It offers exceptional value for every operation that you perform since it's dynamic and easy to configure for rapid and cost-effective implementation.
• An organization is free to support complex operations to improve inventory management and ensure accuracy in distribution processes using • Oracle's warehouse management system.
• Achieve maximized space utilization and multi-channel fulfillment while also improving the material handling process and labor productivity.
• Reduced inventory costs
• Increased accuracy in warehouse operations
• Lower safety stock level
• Complete support for material handling
• Elimination of manual and paperwork entries
• Quantifiable goals with KPI
• Maximized efficiency
• Intelligent warehouse functions
• Greater inventor visibility
Warehouse Management Software Buyer's Guide
» What is Warehouse Management software?
A warehouse management software is an application that helps an organization monitor its day-to-day warehouse activities, including inventory operations, picking, shipping of the order, putaway decisions, and inventory replenishment choices. It's entirely an organization's choice to either have a WMS as a standalone application or have it as a part of the ERP system. The functionality of WMS software, on the other hand, can vary from basic shipping and picking practices to sophisticated programs handling advanced interactions with WMS devices.
For any company, WMS is an integral part of its warehouse supply chain management. This supply chain begins with ordering multiple items from the supplier, where WMS works with an inventory management system to track every item as it's received. When these items finally arrive in the warehouse, they are entered into the WMS system so that they can be easily tracked as they're stored. This way, at the time of shipping, one can use real-time inventory records to plan routes for delivering items to the pickers.
» Considerations when purchasing warehouse management software
Any company must consider these factors when evaluating a WMS:
› Software sustainability
With hundreds and thousands of providers with a WMS software, you must ask yourself- “is this software one-off?", "is it an open-source warehouse management software?", "can it support multiple platforms?". When you get an answer to all these questions is yes, you'll know that the WMS you chose is sustainable for the future and will provide beneficial services for your business.
› Customer support
Another essential factor to consider is if the WMS provider is willing to provide constant customer support to your company since it's a critical factor that sets many providers apart. Start by focusing on the level of support that a WMS provider ensures, during the installment as well as after the installment. Is this service free or paid? Do they train their customers about the software or not? Are they willing to provide on-site support? Consider all these answers.
› Features offered
Every different WMS software provides different features. Core features that software must provide are inventory management, inventory tracking, items processing, and shipment tracking. Also, this software must be able to run on multiple platforms.
Cost is often the main concern for companies since every business' budget differs from one another. Especially if you're considering a warehouse management software for small businesses, they tend to care about the cost more than huge companies. You must consider the return on investment that a particular WMS offers in order to be able to evaluate an appropriate budget. Return can be in the form of reduced labor costs, increased productivity, etc.
» What are the benefits of Warehouse Management Software?
Back in the day, warehouse inventory management software could only be used to keep inventory location information with other basic functions. But now, a warehouse management system is capable of doing much more than keeping records. Today, the WMS system varies from the primary pick, ship, and pack practices to advanced technology with material-handling devices.
Warehouse management system software reduces the possibility of errors in any operation from picking to shipping. A reliable warehouse inventory management system can help an organization fulfill orders quicker than ever by tracking all the ordered products in a few seconds.
Detailed benefits of having one of the best warehouse management software are:
› Reduced human error
If there's one thing that hinders the whole inventory fulfillment, it's a mere human error tendency. A single human error can account for misplaced or lost stock, error in inventory counts, or misspeaks sometimes that can subsequently lead to loss of time and money.
Warehouse management software reduces the chance of human error by automating most of the daily-to-daily operations in a warehouse that are generally performed manually. Imagine if a worker accidentally picked and scanned the wrong item and warehouse inventory software flags it as correct. So, WMS reduces the chance of human error but cannot entirely eliminate it. If we look at the numbers, such a silly mistake can easily cost anything between hundreds or thousands, and many such mistakes will count up to a more significant number quickly.
› Increased accuracy in inventory records
Nowadays, warehouses can't work smoothly without accurate inventory records. One entry goes wrong, and there'll be complete chaos. Customers don't get their orders, they get frustrated, and business suffers a loss. Yes, the entire system depends on inventory records in a way.
Similarly, overstocks must be avoided too. Having more items than what you need, you're basically spending your capital on something less beneficial while it can benefit you if it's put somewhere else. All this can be monitored accurately with a warehouse management system, especially a warehouse barcode system, to track and maintain optimum inventory stocks.
› Sync between platforms and software
For a warehouse management software to work effectively, there needs to be an efficient and accurate link between this software and warehouse in every system. Even though it might sound like an easy task, it gets complicated easily, especially for sellers with multiple warehouses. WMS will automatically sync inventory across multiple platforms, channels, and software, from the time, that an item enters the warehouse to the time it's shipped.
Some warehouse management software requires workers to scan the items manually, while some of the fully-integrated ones will like such tools too in order to reduce errors and increase efficiency.
› Faster shipping
Now that certain e-commerce retailers like Amazon have set such an impeccable standard by setting different prices for an item to quickly ship, every other retailer is judged by the top retailer's performance. To sustain this competitive environment, one now needs to ship their products accurately as well as quickly.
Consumers expect the same or even better service as compared to those on the top. Same day delivery is yet another function that a warehouse company would need to deliver. With that, retailers think that they might be able to offer this same day function within the upcoming year.
A WMS program will ensure that the products are shipped smoothly and on time to the respective customers, and being a businessman, you must know that most of the consumers value this trait the best since they won't be purchasing again if the order was late.
› Lower cost for labor
It's quite evident that per-hour prices for labor have been hiking for quite a lot of time now, and with a decrease in the number of people available for labor, it'll keep on descending day by day. With such an expense to make, warehouses needed to be quite flexible with a budget since some routine operations required immediate attention and manual services back in the day.
Now, when warehouse management systems have taken over the warehouse's operations, and hence reducing human efforts and involvement in day-to-day warehouse tasks, a company does not need to look for labor in their budget. In fact, some free warehouse management software is also available in the market that gets a warehouse's budget down to negligible. With a WMS taking over most of the tasks, a company automatically experiences low labor costs.
› Increased productivity
With very little time spent on the unproductive activities and most of the work being done by automated WMS software, a company would notice a substantial growth in productivity. In a short span of time, they would be able to deliver much more than they used to.
› Better customer service
A well-integrated WMS manages a company's entire supply chain to make sure that the products are readily available as soon as the customer places orders for the same. Such an approach is very important for a business since consumer-centric sales techniques are in high demand these days. With WMS, you'll be able to track any placed order in any of your warehouses to deliver improved customer service.
Remember, the main goal for a warehouse inventory software is to achieve a paperless record system that automatically commands your employees to achieve optimal shipping, packing, and putaway of orders while also minimizing costs involved in the process.
» What are the features of Warehouse Management Software?
WMS's objective is warehouse management, which includes receiving and returns, integrations, tool reporting, logistics, and forecasting. The detailed core features of Warehouse Management Software are:
This warehouse inventory software will also take care of modeling and managing the logistics part of the storage facilities while also keeping racking processes in check.
This benefit is the main point of how WMS improves efficiency while also holding back on some of the huge costs since labor costs count for up to 65% of the whole warehousing budget. So, if the employees are more efficient, operating costs are automatically reduced.
Also, since travel time accounts for half the time spent in the picking process, saving up this time and money being invested in high hourly labor wages, WMS improves a warehouse's productivity. In times when labor charges hike up every second, such small efficiencies with WMS makes a huge difference.
There needs to be a smooth link between order processing and logistics management for a company to efficiently pick, ship, and pack their orders out of the warehouse.
For this purpose, a company will need a warehouse inventory management software that integrates well with the channel management software in order to track sales in various marketplaces. Moreover, this software must also integrate with all the important industry-standard software that a company might need to manage its business, shipping, and storing activities.
› Forecasting & Tool Reporting
Another important feature of warehouse management software is tracking products, storage, and supply chains to optimize a warehouse's inventory and deal with space issues.
Such reporting and forecasting tools lend a helping hand while making certain important data-related decisions for the business. These reports show which items are selling the best in the marketplace to help set an optimal price, stock those items, and other important decisions.
› Receiving and Returns
WMS's main feature is to record every transaction of items being made. Receipts of the existing stock, return to the warehouse, shipped items, etc. can be found easily on the warehouse management system to avoid complex paperwork and engage in an efficient way of recording data. These records help a company to minimize the unnecessary products in the warehouse and increase space for the important ones while also assisting the company in preventing out of stock situations.
Maintaining such a proper balance of inventory is a primary feature of warehouse management software.
» Key types of warehouse management systems
These are the three types of warehouse management systems:
› Standalone WMS
Standalone WMS is the most basic type since it only offers the main features such as expiration tracking, barcode system, slotting, putaway, picking, shipping, and receiving. These are generally sold as specialized products focusing on inventory solutions and do not also integrate with other business software. It's an ideal warehouse management software for small businesses since it doesn't cost much.
› Supply chain modules
Supply chain modules have a broader scope than any usual WMS since they help a user with warehouse and business operations such as vendor relationships, inventory management, product cycles, and material sourcing. It ensures plenty of cohesion since it integrates well with other business software proving to be an efficient asset to the company.
› ERP integrated
ERP is an exceptionally stronger software solution that has a wider scope than WMS solutions. Its functions are endless involving customer relationship management, accounting, supply chain planning, human resources, and many more. ERP integrated WMS is an ideal choice for businesses that are planning to upgrade their software solutions on a much bigger scale. It's an all-rounder since it provides business solutions well as warehouse management solutions depending on the size and goal of your business.
» Warehouse Management Software Trends
The biggest trend that's expected to be introduced in the warehouse management industry soon is drones and robots helping with barcode scanning and packaging since they're the most time-consuming processes in a warehouse. Warehouse Management Software wishes to be fully automated by eliminating human efforts completely.
It's not now limited to computer screens as far as WMS functionality is concerned. Smartphones and tablets have also made their way into the warehouse systems, where iPhones are often used for closing sales and updating customer information in the end. Warehouses with phones that have credit card scanning devices are also a popular trend to speed up the checkout process. All these features are usually included in WMS software by the provider.
» Cost of a warehouse management system
The cost for WMS varies as per the required functionality by a company. Some of the popular plans are:
Cost: $100 per month for Saas, and $2500-$10,000 for a perpetual license per the warehouse.
It is suited for companies with limited automation and inventory support.
› Mid-range functionality
Cost: $300 per month for Saas, and $10,000-$50,000 for a perpetual license per warehouse
It is suited for companies with multiple operations and automation requirements.
› Enterprise-level functionality
Cost: $500 per month for Saas, and $20,000-$2,00,000 per warehouse
It is suited for companies that require the latest automation software and integration requirements with other business software.
This buyer guide helps you with everything you need to know to purchase a suitable WMS according to features that you require, type of software, budget, latest software trends, and business type. Here you'll know how important and beneficial WMS might prove to be for your business with a detailed explanation regarding multiple features of the same. This WMS buyer's guide will help you in making informed decisions considering every important factor about warehouse management software whatsoever.