» What is an Employee Evaluation Software?
Tracking and assessing employee performances can be laborious and difficult but is essential for the holistic development of businesses in the long run. This is where the employee evaluation software comes in handy. It is a tool designed for measuring the efficiency of a company’s workforce, keeping records of their performances, and making it easier to provide consistent and genuine feedback. Gone are the days when conducting performance appraisals needed sorting through employees’ years’ worth of data. Employee evaluation systems replace annual performance reviews with real-time performance tracking and identify areas of improvement. This in turn helps to determine whether the employees are contributing effectively to the company’s organizational goals and streamlines the HR department’s decision-making process.
» How to Choose an Employee Evaluation Software?
There are many employee evaluation software companies available in the market. Choosing the best employee performance evaluation software can be tough and require a lot of understanding. They should cater to all your unique organizational needs and deliver effective solutions. To start with, identify your specific requirements. An ideal performance review software should have an easy-to-use modern interface for quick execution. It should facilitate a continuous feedback structure, offer multiple subscription packages, and clear refund policies. It must provide data-rich reports of metrics such as profit per employee, organizational climate surveys, and performance results. To make your task a bit easy, here is a comprehensive guide containing top employee performance evaluation systems to help you decide which one would be the right fit for your organization.
» List Of Top Employee Evaluation Software
Trakstar is a cloud-based performance evaluation software that delivers modern and flexible reports with real-time, tangible data like employee performance ranking, history, rating distribution, etc. It simplifies and automates team management tasks by offering several unique features that help align your employee goals with organizational goals. Used by thousands of companies worldwide, Trakstar provides managers with multiple survey options and automated reminder emails that help facilitate continuous feedback. It allows you to set specific goals, add notes, tie certain goals with reviews and get notifications to keep yourself updated with employee progress accordingly.
- 360-degree feedback from peers, clients, managers, or anyone inside or outside of the company.
- Setting, tracking and managing smart, metric cascading goals with individual timelines.
- Customizable forms, dashboards, and review status tracking.
- Competency Library, 100+ to choose from.
- Performance appraisal archive
- Department-specific Appraisal Processes, the scope of integration.
- Employee Performance history reports, engagement surveys and improvement plans.
- Comments/notes with a time-stamp for both managers and employees.
- Engagement Check-In feature- questionnaire before 1 on 1 meeting ensuring productivity.
- Video tutorials and recorded training.
- Universal HRIS sync feature and single sign-on
- Ease of use and navigation.
- Remote friendly.
- Individual and company goal-setting options
- Hassle-free guided implementation.
- Appraisal forms and performance reviews can be unlimited.
- Fully customizable rating scales, competencies, questions, and more to suit individual companies.
- Super responsive and prompt customer service and technical support.
- Integrated learning management system.
- Trakstar offers tailor-made pricing upon request or a quote.
- Pricing depends on the number of employees an organization has.
- Free demo available.
PerformYard emphasizes providing flexibility for HR, and simple employee evaluation software solutions. With a multitude of customizable inputs, their services can be narrowed down in accordance with an individual company’s requirements like small-scale annual reviews or built around more complex strategies. PerformYard provides a simple employee experience that enables continuous feedback and effective performance discussions. It documents employee performances in a privacy-conscious manner so that the managers have a full picture. You can focus on the review process by comparing employee performance through an array of visuals and exports.
- Customizable forms, questions and templates, and reports.
- Automated review cycles.
- Setting trackable, cascading individual goals tied with the company’s objectives.
- Assessment scheduling.
- 360-degree feedback at no additional cost.
- Live progress dashboard.
- Goal management and employee management.
- Continuous, 1 on 1, team, and anonymous feedback.
- Performance histories and reminders for complete assessments.
- Integrates with most major HRIS/payroll systems including ADP, BambooHR, Gusto, Rippling, UKG, Paycom, Workday, Paylocity, and Single sign-on (SSO).
- Self-Assessments, New Hire assessments, and exit interviews
- Custom KPI monitoring.
- Supports both project-based and annual reviews.
- Highly customizable.
- User and administrator-friendly.
- Simple calibration analysis, recognizing top performers easily.
- Dedicated customer service managers for every customer.
- Admin and staff training sessions.
- Smooth implementation.
- Performance Values 9 Box Grid, Segmented Reports, Performance Trends Custom.
- Document Storage, Company Directory, Enterprise Security, Activity Log.
The PerformYard employee performance review software is available in the following two pricing packages-
- Professional – $5-10 (per employee per month)
- Enterprise – Customizable according to your business needs. You can contact the team for a price.
AssessTEAM is a cloud-based employee evaluation tool that supports and simplifies all kinds of vigorous employee management methodologies. Trusted by businesses worldwide, AssessTEAM has 1000s of preconfigured and key performance indicators that make an HR job easier. It includes native apps for Android and iPhone and enterprise project portfolio management tools. It is a system designed by highly skilled professionals and comes packed with advanced features satisfying every kind of industry.
- Automated email reminders, check-ins, and notes.
- Customizable Templates, dashboard, and employee database.
- 360-degree and anonymous feedback.
- Real-time productivity analysis.
- Portfolio Management and Progress Tracking.
- Self-Assessment and Self-Service Portal.
- Close integration with popular platforms like Google Workspace, Office 365, Wrike, Zoho, Basecamp, and 100s more via Zapier.
- Timesheet management app on the cloud for managing and tracking employee timesheets.
- Mobile access and mobile time tracking.
- Ease of use- videos, in-line tips, and a library of templates.
- Flexible in supporting real-time continuous feedback, scheduled annual reviews, competency evaluations, and project-based assessment.
- Powerful and actionable tracking reports giving minute details of employee performance.
- Customer service satisfaction.
- Project portfolio management tool that combines employee competency information with project margin metrics.
- Ease of access through mobile apps for Androids and iPhones. Quick Timesheet tracking by employees.
- Secure, application-level firewall protection.
AssessTEAM offers two kinds of pricing packages depending on the number of employees an organization harbors.
If the number of employees is between 01-500,
- Basic: Competency-based evaluations- $3 (Per Month – Per Person)
- Premium: Project performance evaluations- $4 (Per Month – Per Person)
- Enterprise: Profitability & productivity evaluations- $5 (Per Month – Per Person)
Companies that have more than 500 employees can contact the team for a quote.
Kenjo is a cloud-based employee evaluation software solution designed to automate HR administrative tasks regularly. From recruitment drives, and onboarding new hires, to managing attendance and monitoring employee engagement, Kenjo centralizes all employee information, management, and performance operations in one cloud platform. Thus HR teams can save more time and focus on improving other aspects of the employee experience, optimizing budget and workflows. Apart from the usual features, Kenjo offers advanced HR services that are perfect for small to medium-sized companies.
- Absence management.
- Digital HR administration- Cloud-based document management and Customization of user access roles and permissions.
- Timekeeping reports and analysis.
- Automated workflows.
- Customizable KPI reports.
- Payroll reports and adjustments.
- Integrated Recruitment applicant tracking system that includes customizable hiring process, talent pools, candidate screening app in social channels, and Integration with employee portals.
- Candidate evaluation scorecard, Recruitment agency management portal.
- 180º, 270º, 360º performance evaluation.
- Employee engagement widgets.
- OKRs & goals, eNPS.
- All-in-one solution for every kind of internal HR process.
- Automated timesheet management.
- Easy creation and monitoring of tasks, and daily schedules, conducting meetings and collecting feedback.
- Automated task allocation, and creation of Slack notifications.
- The salary calculation, automatic importation, and distribution of employee payslips in just a few clicks.
- Customized recruitment drives with digital candidate profiles, talent pools, and recruitment agency management portals.
- Ease of use and set-up.
- Learning and development programs.
- Managing benefit schemes such as medical, transport cards, and pensions.
- Tailored onboarding session.
- Dedicated onboarding manager.
Kenjo has flexible monthly and yearly pricing plans differentiated by features-
- STARTER: Digitalize basic HR tasks and manage the day-to-day administration in an all-in-one tool – 4.5 €
- GROWTH: Everything you need to build, grow and automate a powerful HR unit- 7.2 €
- CONNECT: Advanced reporting, customizations, and integrations to help you focus on staying employee-centric- contact the team to discuss pricing.
Zenefits is one of the best employee performance evaluation software that integrates all kinds of tools, apps, and all employee and workforce-related processes. It provides an effortless and intuitive HR experience by unifying payroll, benefits, employee management, and compliance. Managers can hire, onboard, and store employee records all in one platform. Suitable for start-ups and medium size companies for its affordability, Zenefits radically simplifies HR administration.
- Built-in HR compliance- hiring, onboarding, running background checks, managing, etc.
- Payroll management.
- Goal setting and tracking.
- Compensation management.
- Employee engagement surveys and collaboration tools.
- Online Affordable Care Act compliance, small business compliance.
- Benefits administration like medical/dental/vision as well as HSA, FSA, Commuter, 401k, Life & Disability, Supplemental benefits.
- Business intelligence reports.
- Document Management & Storage.
- Automatic notifications and reminders.
- Self-service portal.
- Paid time off tools.
- Native mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Integrations with productivity, applicant tracking, time tracking, accounting, financial and other software.
- Stay up to date on earnings, deductions, and taxes easily.
- Tracking and managing time off requests.
- Advanced payroll features and integrations.
- Visualizing key HR data and gaining valuable insight into business performance by business intelligence reports.
- Streamlining benefits strategy.
- Monitoring schedule and employee activity with effective time tracking tools.
- Unlimited HR and payroll advisor access.
- Compliance assistant, who helps users manage compliance changes efficiently with deadline tracking, built-in resources, and more.
Companies can start with a Base plan with Benefits and choose add-on services according to their needs.
- Essentials – $8/month, per employee.
- Growth – $14/month, per employee.
- Zen – $21/month, per employee.
PeopleHR offers a customizable employee appraisal software solution with all key HR functions including an employee tracking database, performance management, and many more. With a cloud-based HR system, PeopleHR integrates all HR data and processes into one place. Its in-built applicant tracking system covers services from job advert to hiring making an HR job a lot less strenuous. It is suitable for both small and growing businesses in the environment, renewable energy, IT, software, hospitality, sports, music industries, and more.
- Employee database
- Employee engagement
- 360-degree feedback
- SMART goal setting.
- Leave and attendance management
- Document management
- Payroll management
- Performance and appraisal management
- Recruitment and applicant management
- Customized and automated workflows, and time tracking.
- Infographic reports and dynamic queries.
- Expense claim and reimbursement.
- Automated notifications, emails, and alerts.
- Integration with other popular HR and business applications.
- Customizable organization chart software.
- Sleek and modern HR software that automates tasks, and expense reporting, centralizes employee records, connects payroll software, etc.
- Intuitive, easy-to-use interface.
- The employee tracking database allows adding unlimited employee records, filling in key contact information, and storing documents.
- HR reporting tools like custom infographics and instant graphical reports make visualizing the brand story, trends, and patterns easier.
- Customized job posting, building a custom career page that aligns with brand strategy.
- The applicant tracking system combines flexible interviews, recruitment management, and integration with existing HR software.
- Effective performance review cycles.
The pricing packages of PeopleHR are transparent and of great value. It offers three kinds of packages-
- Professional – £5/employee, Per month.
- Enterprise – £7/employee, Per month.
- Elite – £9/employee, Per month.
peopleHum is an end-to-end, one-view human capital management (HCM) automation platform- a one-stop solution for all your business needs. Its Artificial Intelligence (AI) enabled platform introduces new-age, innovative tech features such as people analytics, selection probability score, analysis hiring funnel, resume parsing, etc. They help companies to propel towards future excellence through predictive analytics and thorough automation. Medium and large businesses that want to automate employee performance tasks will be benefitted from this employee performance review software.
- Recruitment management systems with automated onboarding, recruitment funnel, and collaborative hiring.
- AI data-driven insights, probability scoring, and resume parsing.
- Employee engagement feature.
- 360-degree feedback, 1 on 1 discussion.
- Aligned goals setting, DIY feedback templates, and review cycles.
- Attendance, leave, and shift management.
- Organization chart.
- Automated and recurring pulse surveys.
- Custom report builder.
- Performance dashboard.
- OKR software.
- Electronics signature tool.
- Resource management tool- time tracking and approval of workflow.
- Internal communication tool.
- GDPR Compliance.
- Automated onboarding, collaborative hiring, AI-driven analytics, and insights.
- Real-time ideation, announcements, and recognition wall.
- HRIS (human resource information system) driven by automation, biometrics & self-check-ins.
- Easy document management.
- A real-time snapshot of the recruitment funnel to check drop rates and recruiter efficiency.
- E-offer letters and e-signatures.
- Mobile app support.
- Compensation documents, contracts, and job history in a centralized repository.
- Comes with an API, enabling integration with several third-party platforms such as Phia, Microsoft Teams, Slack, and more.
- Also helps in learning management.
- peopleHum prices start at $2 per employee, per month.
- They quote different prices depending on the services selected by the companies.
Among the best HR software solutions globally, Qandle offers customizable software solutions for different companies’ diverse processes and policies. Qandle showcases its expertise in four broad domains- Core HR, Payroll & Compliance, Talent, and Travel & Expenses. Addressing both admin and strategic tasks of HR, Qandle works with a mission of building connected, empowered, and engaged workplaces along with freeing up valuable time for HR personnel.
- Recruitment software.
- Attendance management software.
- Employee self-service management.
- Task management and Performance management.
- Payroll software.
- Asset management software.
- Digital record management system.
- Internal social media platform.
- Reports database and visual analytics.
- One-on-one meeting scheduling software.
- Employee offboarding and helpdesk software.
- Analytics software producing customized reports.
- Smart integrations with popular tools.
- HR chatbot.
- Intuitive applicant tracking and collaborative hiring.
- Self-service portal and hassle-free, personalized onboarding.
- Options for integration with biometric devices or touchless geotagged, geofenced, QR-coded, or IP-restricted tracking.
- Fully compliant payroll processing – TDS, PF, ESI, LWF, PT, 24Q, etc.
- Real-time, seamless performance tracking.
- Superior employee engagement with internal social media platforms.
- Automated offboarding.
- Qandle chatbot or Qanbot for easy and quick application for leaves, attendance regularization, raising help desk tickets, etc.
- Interactive visualization tools.
- Round-the-clock customer service.
- Data transfer and setup within just 2 weeks.
Qandle has several monthly and yearly plans with discounts, as well as custom plans for à-la-carte selection. Their packages include-
- REGULAR: $38/month, up to 50 employees, $4.5/month per additional employee.
- PLUS: $38/month, up to 50 employees, $8.1/month per additional employee.
- PREMIUM: $38/month, up to 50 employees, $10.4/month per additional employee.
- ENTERPRISE: For more than 1000 employees.
9. Zimyo Performance
Zimyo Performance is one of the employee performance evaluation programs that creates a thoroughly engaging and inclusive people culture by automating tedious HR processes and boosting productivity by 2X. Employees can track their performances, participate in brainstorming sessions, and exchange feedback. Zimyo’s AI-driven communication processes can impact engagement (by 63%), action planning (by 39%), and productivity (by 25%). More than 500+ Leaders and professionals have placed their faith in Zimyo & chosen it as their go-to solution to improve employee performance and experience.
- Core HR software including org charts, customized workflows, announcements, and asset management.
- Applicant Tracking System and automated onboarding.
- Leave, attendance, and time management.
- Engagement management and Performance management; Goals, Reviews, 360-degree and continuous feedback, OKRs.
- Multi-User login & Roll-based access.
- Employee Self-Service Management.
- Compliant payroll software- Bonus, Loan, Advances, and expenses Management.
- Detailed performance reports and analytics.
- Easy to use, smooth workflow, and functionality.
- Centralized leave information of all employees.
- 9-box matrix data that allows one to view performance score, potential score, and critical contributor indicator.
- Refreshment features like Mood-o-Meter and Breakroom.
- Tracking work hours with Business commute monitoring.
- Core HR software integrates different functionalities like Okta and Microsoft Outlook.
- Benefits like Employee Loans, Insurance, Investments, and Employee Cards.
- Embedded finance segments offer tax-saving solutions, retirement plans, and financial assessments.
- Bilingual Mobile app.
Zimyo Performance offers several monthly and yearly packages; the lowest plan starts from $2 per month/employee.
Breathe is a web-based HR management designed especially for SMEs. It centralizes the extensive and time-consuming people management processes in one single, secure system. With cost-effective tools Breathe lets CEOs and HR specialists track employee performance, manage annual appraisal meetings, and set targets and reward top players- everything in one go.
- Holiday & Leave Management.
- HR task management and performance management.
- Payroll management.
- Location management.
- Sickness & Absence Monitoring.
- Unlimited Document storage and management.
- HR database.
- API integration.
- Rota, Time & Attendance.
- Employee Database & Analytics.
- Expense Management.
- Employee Scheduling and Time Tracking.
- Recruitment tracking.
- Self-serve software report library.
- Clearing the valuable time of higher professionals enables them to manage company culture.
- Streamline holiday booking and allowance management and set up approval workflows.
- User-friendly applicant tracking system.
- Staff holiday planning software to know when they’re expected not to take leave, setting statutory holidays for multiple employees at once and more.
- Simple rota software to streamline rota management.
- Constant upskilling of the team with training courses covering GDPR, information security, etc.
- Regular 1-1s and timely feedback.
- ISO 270001 accredited software
Breathe bases its prices on the overall size of businesses and they offer five types of monthly and yearly plans of different prices starting from £12/per month per business.
» Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the purpose of Employee Evaluation Software?
It is imperative for growing businesses to gain a deeper understanding of their employees’ skill-set, weaknesses, ongoing performance, of any problems they are facing and provide them with effective solutions and constructive feedback. Companies are deploying modern ways to focus on employee engagement, development, and holistic satisfaction to allow them to perform at their level best. Employee evaluation software measures and monitors employee performance with ease and in an error-free way. Quantifying important workplace data, this software streamlines the tedious performance management process. They aid in identifying top performers by a data-driven approach and give them constant and timely feedback.
2. What are the bare minimum features an Employee Evaluation Software can have?
The bare minimum features that the best employee evaluation software company should offer are- full automation of core HR processes, user-friendly and customizable structure, performance management, training and development programs, detailed reports and analytics, employee evaluation surveys, effective communication systems between employees and leadership, 360-degree feedback and reviews.
3. Can Employee Evaluation Software help in employee development and productivity?
An ideal employee evaluation software recognizes top players solely based on their fair performances. This lays a strong foundation for a positive work environment. Moreover, it can boost the motivation of employees by rewarding them for good performance. Best employee evaluation tools allow employees to set their own goals, and keep track of their progress, in turn improving employee engagement. This helps in fostering a company culture while addressing organizational goals and bringing massive future outcomes for the company in the long run.
4. What kind of businesses use Employee Performance Management Software?
Any small, mid-size or large company must execute essential HR task management and performance reviews regularly. So, any kind of business from start-ups, and micro-businesses to big corporate companies can utilize the services of an employee evaluation system software.
5. How secure is my company’s data with Employee Evaluation Software?
Before assigning an employee performance review software, companies can be rightfully worried about compliance issues. While researching for suitable software they should make sure that the data they will be transferring is end-to-end encrypted, hosted by a reputable company, and data security certified. Any reliable and genuine customer service manager will be happy to answer these questions.
6. How much does an Employee Evaluation Software cost?
Most employee evaluation software companies have different kinds of pricing packages depending upon the number of employees or the overall size of a company. They have subscription models, with add-on services to meet different companies’ requirements and budgets. They can go as low as $4 per employee/month depending upon the vendor. The billing cycle may also differ, between monthly and annual billing.