Table of Contents
» What Is Video Interviewing Software?
In the pursuit of the digital age, companies are increasingly availing of video interviewing software to conduct the most crucial stage of their hiring process. Before the COVID-19 Pandemic, virtual interviewing technology was already being used by at least 60% of recruiters. To date, this figure has jumped to a whopping 86%. The video interviewing software is a tool that connects recruiters and potential candidates through video calls and messages either by having a two-way live dialogue or by the candidates submitting pre-recorded videos answering the questions already given by the recruiter. With the best video interviewing software, interviews can happen anytime, anywhere. It makes the entire hiring process swift, smooth, and convenient with a significant reduction in time and resources spent.
» How to Choose the Best Video Interviewing Software?
Owing to its many benefits, the top video interviewing software can be tricky to choose, especially when there is an abundance of some of the best interview platforms out there. There are several essential criteria that HR professionals should evaluate before choosing one. An easy and intuitive interface suitable for the candidates, seamless functionality, value for money, and its integration with third-party tools like applicant tracking systems, social messaging systems, or any other HRIS software are the pillars that should be considered. Since there is an abundance of such software available in the market, here is a selection of the software companies with some of the best features, to make your job easier.
» Top 10 Video Interviewing Software in 2023
Providing excellent services to the world of talent acquisition, iCIMS Talent Cloud is a leading video interviewing software that streamlines the process of recruiting enterprise-sized organizations. From applicant tracking, job postings, and candidate profiling to engaging with job seekers, iCIMS Talent Cloud has a suite of features backed by automation and innovation that makes them stand out from the lot. It speeds up the hiring process by offering live and on-demand video interviewing that reaches candidates at scale.
- This video interviewing software integrates natively into applicant tracking software.
- Employee testimonial videos.
- AI-driven recommendations.
- Self-scheduling and pre-screening questions.
- Text engagement and automated text campaigns.
- iCIMS Digital Assistant.
- Candidate relationship management software.
- Offer management.
- Applicant Tracking System with advanced AI and analytics.
- AI recruiting and machine learning.
- Automated onboarding.
- Talent profiles.
- Saving recruiters and candidates’ time with self-scheduling and pre-screening questions.
- Reaching diverse job seekers all over the world with remote recruiting tools.
- Structured and controlled video interview process.
- Flexible, mobile-friendly interviews and accessible across all devices.
- Video-embedded offer letters.
- Text engagement helps recruiters find talents on the platforms they’re on the most, including SMS, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp.
- Quick and convenient text-to-apply feature.
- Real-time profile insights.
- More personal touch to Live interviews
- Dynamic email campaigns that send automated follow-up emails.
- Seamless transition to one-on-one chats.
- Chat-based virtual career fair.
- Third-party integrations identify the best candidates.
- Digital assistants answer FAQs, prescreen candidates, schedule interviews, and more.
Pricing is based on available packages as well as features incorporated into the final system scaled to meet specific needs.
- Starts from $1,700.00 per month.
- Free trial is not available.
Yello is a cloud-based video interviewing software that serves businesses in all aspects of hiring in one, centralized platform. Recruiters can source and attract job seekers, screen candidates, schedule individual or multi-party interviews, handle panel discussions, and more. Yello facilitates Early Campus recruiting as well as government and experienced recruiting. Today, more than hundreds of companies use Yello to power their recruitment process, including several Fortune 500 across 70+ countries in 15+ different languages.
- Pre-recorded video interviews.
- Live video interviews.
- Built-in meeting info and automated SMS and email reminders.
- Candidate relationship management software.
- Event scheduling.
- Interview scheduling suite- scheduling and self-scheduling interviews.
- Candidate evaluations.
- GDPR, CCPA compliant.
- Automated workflows.
- Custom reports and dashboard.
- Integration with several applicant tracking systems such as Taleo, Workday, Greenhouse, ADP, Kenexa, and more.
- Leveraging pre-recorded interviews reduces screening time, reviews multiple candidates in less time, and creates a fully-branded, simple experience for candidates.
- Clear, live audio and video.
- No downloads or log-ins required.
- Providing white-labeled screens and recording portals to pre-record videos, allows candidates to self-schedule interviews at convenient dates and times.
- Branded email and SMS campaigns.
- Automate interview follow-up.
- Dashboard to track the status of all interview activities and take action.
- Building a proactive talent repository and organizing them into profiles that fit your needs.
- Template-based and keywords-based communication programs.
- Instantly showcasing the best interview times for anyone around the world, across every time zone.
- Every kind of interview scenario covered: 1:1, sequential, panels – across hours or days.
- Real-time sync with scheduling software like Google Calendar or Outlook 365.
- Tracking engagement metrics.
- Pricing information is available on request.
- Free trial is available.
Tribepad is one of the most feature-packed and configurable video interviewing tools that serves all enterprise-grade companies. Additionally, it includes all kinds of tools for candidate screening, interview scheduling, candidate selection, offer management, vacancy management, and many more. Its video interviewing features aim to reduce the administrative burden by allowing hiring managers and candidates to review or score interviews anytime. Tribepad has an ethical and sustainable business approach and currently is trusted by 23 million people worldwide.
- One-way video interviews.
- Live interviews with a purpose-built platform.
- Accessible across devices, anywhere, anytime.
- Self-booked interviews.
- Office365 and Google calendar integration.
- Interview progress dashboard.
- Candidate notes.
- AI-powered scoring, rating, ranking.
- Smart translations.
- Talent acquisition software.
- Feature-rich core applicant tracking system and candidate relationship management software.
- Efficient onboarding.
- Robust tracking, reporting, and analytics.
- Best-in-class integrations and in-house developers.
- Fast, remote, global interviewing opportunities.
- Unlimited multimedia questions, template library, and many other such configurations.
- Live text chat, file sharing, and screen sharing.
- Individual or group interview slots.
- Recording, and storing feedback and interviews in real-time.
- Candidate engagement tools.
- Mobile-friendly, easy to use, and super speedy.
- Self-scheduling interviews.
- Automated email reminders, alerts, updates, and prompts.
- Bulk and individual invites.
- Collaborative features like bulk screening options, recruiter mentions, alerts, and at-a-glance, mobile-friendly interview progress dashboard.
- Facial recognition and speech analytics.
- Speech-to-text translation and transcription in 11 languages.
- Hundreds of in-class integration frameworks and a comprehensive partner ecosystem.
Tribepad claims to have fair and flexible pricing with no hidden costs.
- They get in touch with companies after they request a quote. It depends on the module, add-on features, and company size.
- Starting price: £1,995.00 per month.
- They have features like ‘Free upgrades forever, free unlimited support, and discounts for charities, education, and healthcare.
VidCruiter is one of the best video interviewing platforms that manage the entirety of a recruitment lifecycle end-to-end. Its pre-recorded and live video interviewing features are highly customizable and fit into every kind of recruitment needs faster and in a cost-effective way. Prescreening, screening, scheduling, interviewing, and referencing, VidCruiter shares functionalities for every stage of the hiring process. Currently used by over 75000+ recruiters worldwide.
- Pre-recorded interviews and live interviews.
- Digitally structured interviews.
- Quantifiable evaluations.
- Video-based branded content.
- Automation and scheduling tools.
- Automated reminders.
- Data-driven reporting.
- Audio interviewing.
- Virtual hiring events.
- Self-scheduling of interviews.
- Online skill testing tool.
- Cloud-based, automated recruitment software.
- Integration with the applicant tracking system.
- Standardized, HR-vetted questions.
- Real-time, built-in rating guides in live interviews.
- Automatic reminders.
- Mitigating bias by equal interview length and difficulty level, diversified panel, and transparent reporting.
- The audio interviewing feature allows applicants to listen to a mock audio call and tests them for comprehension, automatically scoring applicants’ voice quality while considering multilingual applicants.
- Virtual recruitment events with customized landing pages.
- Can assess pre-recruitment skills of candidates like Microsoft Excel knowledge, typing speeds, RFP simulations, etc. with digital skill testing software.
- Private or shared candidate notes.
- Advanced email management- time and status of emails sent and by whom.
- Advanced tracking and reporting with pre-built, customized reports.
- Data enriched candidate profiles and advanced search and filtering.
Companies have to fill out a form on their website to get pricing information.
- Starts from $5,000 per year.
- Free trial available.
With structured interviews, automated workflows, and other flexible solutions for the hiring community, HireVue serves as an efficient video interview software. It facilitates scaling, fair and transparent hiring through pre-hire assessments, conversational AI chatbots, and other recruiting tools. For casual hiring, graduate hiring, professional hiring, or technical hiring, HireVue has a suite of solutions for every kind out there. Their interview assessments are backed by organizational science and data science.
- Live and on-demand video interviewing.
- Real-time evaluation tools.
- Candidate assessment software.
- Pre-hire assessments.
- Conversational AI.
- A comprehensive library of competencies.
- Text-powered AI recruiting assistant.
- Interview scheduling, self-scheduling, and rescheduling.
- Pre-set calendars.
- Automated interview builder.
- Text recruiting.
- Saves time by on-demand interviewing.
- Job-specific interview guides, automated candidate routing, and shareable recordings.
- Interview content is managed by organizational psychologists.
- Game-based psychometric tests as pre-hire assessments.
- Coding test screening platform providing technical hiring solutions.
- Superior candidate engagement by conversational AI.
- O*NET job matching (chat-based).
- Automated SMS or WhatsApp invites, reminders, and ongoing updates.
- SMS campaigns to the existing talent pool and 1:1 outreach.
- Integrates seamlessly into your current HR tech stack.
- Best-in-class integrations.
- Applications for iOS and Android mobile devices.
From the Essentials package to the Enterprise package, HireVue has solutions built for every company’s specific needs.
- Starting from, $30,000-$35,000 per year.
- Free trial is not available.
Talview is AI-driven end-to-end hiring and proctoring solution that specializes in high-volume hiring and large-scale assessing. Its video interviewing system simplifies the tedious process of inviting, screening, scheduling, and tracking interviews with automated workflows. Additionally, Talview offers features like behavioral insights and remote proctoring which ensures a thoroughly improved and error-free hiring process. Recruiters in more than 120+ countries trust Talview for scaling up their hiring operations.
- Automated recruitment Chabot.
- AI-powered asynchronous video interviewing.
- AI-enabled live video interviewing.
- Built-in evaluation forms.
- Online assessment tool pre-integrated with IBM Talent Assessments and IKM Assessments.
- Online coding test platform.
- Remote proctoring.
- Live and automated proctoring.
- Behavioral insights.
- Talview examination engine.
- Integrations with Greenhouse, iCIMS, IBM Kenexa, SmartRecruiters, SuccessFactors, and Taleo.
- Compliant with GDPR, EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, Safe Harbor Policy, AICPA, SSAE-16, EEOC, OFCCP MoU& ISO 270001.
- Through automated workflows, inviting, tracking, following up with scheduled interviews, and sharing interviews with the panel in minutes.
- Customized mobile-first branded experience- job preview videos, banners, messaging, and assessments.
- High-quality live interviews across devices even at low internet bandwidth.
- Seamless integrations with calendars and auto-scheduling of interviews.
- Easy, simple-to-use configurations.
- Talview behavioral insights add AI-powered Natural Language Processing to process data, analyze tone, psycholinguistics, and more.
- Pre-determined competencies enable auto-calibration of reports.
- Customized assessment formats such as code tests, essay tests, typing, and other skills tests.
- 360-degree test environment checks and multiple-layer fraud detections minimize the possibility of cheating.
- Automated and live remote proctoring offers easy conducting, monitoring, and assessments of exams, authenticating of test takers, raising flags, and more.
Talview offers custom pricing for custom needs.
- Starts from $25,000 per year.
- Free trial is not available.
7. Spark Hire
Spark Hire is one of the most popular and highly rated virtual interview software known for its easiest-to-use, collaborative features. From brand personalization, several kinds of video interviewing, and analytics, to interview evaluations, and unmatched customer service, Spark Hire serves more than 6000 organizations in making better and quicker hiring decisions.
- Asynchronous, unlimited one-way interviews.
- Live interviews.
- Interview evaluation.
- Interview scheduling software.
- Video messaging.
- Candidate management software.
- Onboarding new hires.
- Employee engagement software.
- Self-scheduling of interviews.
- Video recording feature for instant feedback from stakeholders.
- Sourcing and onboarding new hires.
- Analytics and reporting.
- Automated emails, SMS, and personalized video messages.
- Can be connected to an individual’s web browser.
- Mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
- Integrates with some of the leading applicant tracking systems and also has complimentary service provider partners.
- Highly personalized one-way interviews leave a good brand impression on the candidates.
- No need to download any other application, can be simply done by launching a web browser and entering the interview.
- Customized landing pages, event types, and email notifications.
- Synced with iCloud, Google, Office 365, Exchange, and Outlook.com.
- Synchronizes users’ availability that helps get instant requests from candidates.
- Managing everything from one, intuitive dashboard.
- Can upload company logos, select colored banners, and add photos and videos for impressing and engaging candidates.
- Open interview links for websites, social media, and autoresponder emails.
- High-quality interview recording in the mobile app.
Spark view offers different pricing packages such as-
- Lite: $149/mo, Billed Monthly. Unlimited interviews for 1 job at a time with 3 users
- Pro: $249/mo, Billed Annually. Unlimited interviews for 5 jobs at a time with 5 users
- Team: $599/mo, Billed Annually. Unlimited interviews for unlimited jobs with 6+ users
- Enterprise: (Contact the team for pricing) Unlimited interviews for unlimited jobs with 10+ users.
Hireflix is an online video interviewing platform used for conducting one-way video interviews. It is one of the easiest to navigate video interview solutions helping brands to break free from the rigidness of scheduled interviews and expand their talent acquisition massively. One-way interviews are extremely advantageous as a primary stage of recruiting to help identify the best performers from a huge talent pool. Hireflix screens masses of candidates and assesses them in less time.
- Built-in interview builder.
- Thousands of customizable templates.
- Automated notifications.
- Interview scheduling software.
- Candidate engagement software.
- Collaboration tools.
- Activity dashboard.
- Instant reviewing and rating system.
- Easy integration with existing applicant tracking systems or candidate relationship management systems.
- The flexibility of completing interviews anytime, anywhere.
- One-time recording and hundreds of invites.
- Unlimited pre-recorded, customizable questions.
- Easy to use and highly accessible.
- Integrations with Lever, BambooHR, Teamtailor, Greenhouse, JazzHR, Workable, Recruitee, and many more.
- Easily shareable recordings.
- Proactive, 24*7 support.
- Adding multiple themes for brand personalization.
Hireflix is very affordable and offers monthly and yearly packages.
- Small: For companies with less than 50 employees- $75 per month (billed yearly)
- Medium: For companies having 50 to 250 employees- $150 per month (billed yearly)
- Custom: Corporates, high-volume processes, recruitment agencies, and other use cases. (can contact the team for rates).
Willo is one of the most simple to use and secure video interview tools, offering high-class one-way video interviews. Candidates can answer the pre-recorded questions at their own pace and recruiters can review them at their convenience. Willo’s time-saving and collaborative features are perfect for any fast-growing business. They also offer a free one-on-one onboarding session to clear any kind of doubts of the clients.
- One-way video interviews.
- Browser based.
- All interviews are stored in a dashboard.
- Accessible round the clock.
- Customizable to unique needs.
- Easy invitation to candidates at scale.
- Automated question generator.
- Integrations with over 5000 applications.
- Sharable showcase or invite link.
- Automated email and SMS reminders.
- Can be integrated with an existing applicant tracking system or customer management system.
- Video interviews can be set up in three minutes.
- Accessible on any device even in slow WiFi or data connection.
- An intelligent question generator helps in certain scenarios.
- Rated 86 NPS®.
- Servers located in 90 cities across 47 countries, so it’s lightning fast.
- Can request file uploads from candidates, with a generous file size of 25MB.
- Interviews are scalable up to multiple thousands.
- White labeling capabilities allow brands to provide a personal experience.
- Localized for 12 most spoken languages, including Chinese, Hindi, and Arabic.
- Sustainable business approach- one can produce up to 93% fewer emissions after switching to Willo.
- Integrates with all the major ATS including Greenhouse, Teamtailor, Lever, Workable and more, plus 4,000 other apps including Zapier.
Willo‘s pricing policy is based on the size of the organizations and hiring requirements.
- Starter: For businesses with 1-49 employees- $44/month, Billed monthly.
- Growth: For businesses with 50-249 employees- $176/month, Billed monthly.
- Scale: For businesses with 250 or more employees- From $490/month, Billed monthly.
Reaching steadily amongst one of the top video interviewing platforms Pillar uses AI to conduct interviews and recommend top candidates. They have advanced features like providing training and in-interview guidance to recruiting teams so that they can be completely confident and effective in their assessments. Pillar has proven a great deal of help in saving time, reducing errors, and eliminating unconscious bias from the workplace.
- Interview intelligence software.
- Interview coaching software.
- Post interview highlights and clips.
- Collaborative tools.
- Live, in-interview feedback sharing.
- AI-generated reels, highlight clips, and recordings.
- Automated workflows.
- Integrations with a variety of major applicant tracking systems and platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google.
- Transcribed interviews and recordings reduce the number of interviews and save time.
- Opportunity to replay, rewatch and share interview clips reducing the cost of bad hires.
- Question recommendations based on role-specific skills.
- AI-generated interview highlights and candidate recommendations promote equitability.
- Talk-time insights and interviewer scores and guidelines to coach interviewers leading to a better candidate experience.
- Highlight reels are skills based.
- Side-by-side candidate comparisons.
- Simple sharing feature for team collaboration.
- Great 24*7 tech support.
Contact the team to get information on their pricing policies.
» Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why use Video Interviewing Software?
There are myriad benefits of incorporating a top Video Interviewing Software in your hiring process-
- Reaching out to any candidate in any part of the world and expanding the talent pool massively in less time.
- Significantly reduces costs of hiring and time invested.
- Automation of tedious, time-consuming scheduling and administrative tasks.
- Provides a fair, standardized, and documented interview process.
- Effective, error-free, and analytics-backed screening of candidates.
- Strengthens your brand identity by offering a personalized experience.
- Increases collaboration by allowing everyone in the company to be added to the process.
2. What are the different types of video interviewing?
There are majorly two types of video interviewing solutions. – pre-recorded and live video interviews. In pre-recorded video interviews candidates can record their answers to some predetermined questions set by the company. It mostly serves as a qualifying phase of a multiple-round interview.
In live interviews, recruiters meet the candidates virtually and face-to-face at mutually convenient times.
Another feature can also be found in video resumes. Candidates are asked to record and upload video introductions.
The application of both these depends on company-specific objectives and criteria.
3. Why is video software specifically dedicated to interviews more beneficial than generic video platforms such as Zoom?
The most popular video platforms such as Zoom are not designed with capabilities like pre-recorded one-way interviews, automation, real-time analytics, AI reporting, candidate dashboard, psychometric analysis, behavioral assessments, coding tests, etc. They can’t do more than just establish online connections and record videos. These features are not enough to conduct large-scale hiring of fast-growing companies.
4. How much a Video Interviewing Software can cost?
Pricing of a video interviewing software can depend on the size of your company, the number of interviews per month, the features and services you have opted for, etc. There are also pay-per-job, user license, and enterprise license models. For user-licensed software, it costs around $500 to $1000 per month per user. For enterprise-licensed software, the cost varies from $4 to $10 per employee per month based on the scale of the organization and the features chosen.
5. Why is having a Video Interviewing Software that integrates with your existing talent acquisition software important?
Integration of video interviewing software with talent acquisition software results in advanced communication and automated scheduling. Moreover, the entire interview data, including the candidates’ profiles, interviewer’s notes, etc. can be categorized under a single file in the software’s recruiting module.