» What is Employee Referral Software?
Employee Referral Software is a software program used by hiring professionals and recruitment teams to run employee referral programs. Through this, employees are encouraged to become brand ambassadors of the company, as they leverage their networks to recommend and advertise the company’s latest job openings and services. Employee referral programs are highly beneficial in employee engagement, attracting high-quality candidates, quick onboarding, and diversifying the workforce. So, it is reasonable for growing businesses to invest in an employee software program that will automate the entire referral process and reduce hiring efforts. With employee referral software, employees can also be rewarded or given incentives. 82% of employers choose employee referrals as generating the best ROI.
» How to Choose Employee Referral Software?
To conduct a smooth and productive company-wide referral program, the software must offer a host of features suitable for your specific recruitment needs. The right one should be flexible, robust, and also easy to use with an intuitive design. Evaluating your desired goals is also important before hunting down software that will be a good fit. An ideal Employee Referral software should have features like easy launching of a program, quick and one-click referrals, thorough tracking and management, integration with existing workflows, instant rewarding, etc. Here is a quick breakdown of the best employee referral software available in the market to help you in making an informed decision.
» Top Employee Referral Software for Your HR Team and Recruitment Professionals
ERIN claims to be the #1 Employee Referral platform that streamlines employee referrals and drives 5X more hires only from referrals. ERIN’s advanced features and Smart referrals AI suggest potential candidates from their pool of contacts and ensure a significant reduction in recruitment costs. It offers100% automation of workflows that leads to employee engagement and minimizing administrative load.
- Private referral portal and network.
- Referrals via text message or email.
- AI-driven candidate and job matching.
- Automated push notifications, emails, and reminders.
- Automatically assigned bonuses.
- Bonus builder features.
- Co-branding and white labeling.
- Employee referral analytics.
- Bonus tracking and automated bonus reports.
- Fully integrated with the applicant tracking system, HRIS, SSO, and payroll.
- Mobile app for iOS and android.
- Multi-language and currency support.
- Gamification and reward system.
- Quick referrals in two taps only in 30 seconds.
- Automated jobs are created and updated from ATS and can also be used without any integrations.
- Automatic update of candidate status and creation of bonus.
- Full control over the amount and currency that an employee can see and is eligible for.
- Diversity incentives, bonus campaigns, and full CSV export.
- Customized referral questions and automated emails.
- Shareable links to social media platforms.
- Detailed Analytics sorted by months and leaderboard.
- Referral policy display.
- Referral on the go with a mobile app, push notification that allows referring with one tap.
- Rewarding employees from the micro level with points systems
- Built-in gift card store.
- Internal mobility feature allows employees to refer themselves.
- Live chat support.
The pricing packages with different sets of features of ERIN are billed annually. They include-
- ERIN Free
- Growth- $500/month
- Scale- $875/month
- Enterprise- the team has to be contacted for the price.
Firstbird is an employee referral software that enables companies to leverage their already existing network for recruiting talent faster and cheaper. It makes referral a fun and engaging process with its gamification mechanisms and bonus systems. Employees tend to come back and participate enthusiastically in the referral programs. By integrating seamlessly with existing workflows Firstbird facilitates an easy and effective referral system.
- Jobs display filtered by department.
- Referrals status dashboard.
- ‘Branding and white labeling.
- In-built mobile app for iOS and Androids.
- Gamified reward system.
- Insights and analytics.
- Integrations with Applicant tracking systems, SSO, and video recruiting software.
- Always in sync with the Applicant tracking system, updates job with one click.
- Real-time referral feedback.
- Reward shop showing individual rewards.
- Shareable links for Linkedin, Facebook, WhatsApp, Signal, and Wechat.
- Appreciation point system leading to maximum engagement
- Leaderboard encouraging internal competition.
- 40+ types of ATS and third-party integrations.
Firstbird uses a per-user pricing model and starts from $99/month. It also offers a free trial. For more information on pricing contact the team.
Yello is one centralized platform for all your talent acquisition needs. Its employee referral software empowers the workforce to source and attract the best talents within your network and turn them into hires quickly and efficiently. A comprehensive understanding of previous referrals and overall candidate experience can also be obtained from Yello’s simple and integrated solutions. It is suitable for businesses of all types and sizes.
- Integrated referral platform with other talent acquisition features like candidate evaluation and interview scheduling.
- Quick one-click referrals.
- Progress tracker for employees.
- Referral status tracker.
- Referral analytics and actionable dashboard.
- Branding and white labeling.
- Active communication tools.
- Branded email and SMS campaigns.
- Organized candidate profiles.
- Tracking key engagement metrics.
- Configurable job boards.
- GDP and CCPA compliance.
- Fully integrated with many applicant tracking systems such as Taleo, Workday, Greenhouse, SAP Success Factors, and more.
- Easy and intuitive interface.
- Success measure and pipeline.
- Advanced referral tools like status tracker and proactive talent pool.
- Automated follow-ups and notifications.
- Efficient referral tracker.
- Mobile optimized functionality.
- Actions, updates, status, and feedback all in one intuitive dashboard.
- Pinpoint filters and bullion search.
- Integrates with any system with an open API.
- Referral campaign performance monitoring.
The Yello team has to be contacted for prices.
Skillfuel is a web-based recruitment management software with an integrated employee referral management system laser focusing on the company’s collective network and streamlining talent search activities without the hassle of sifting through thousands of applications. It is fully automated and organizes the whole referral process in a central system. User-friendly and dynamic, Skillfuel helps companies source and attract candidates that are the best of the lot.
- Fully automated referral network.
- Algorithm-powered communication.
- Incentive management.
- Automated notifications, weekly reminders, and emails.
- Customizable reward system.
- Social media integrations.
- Configurable leaderboards.
- Detailed analytics and insights.
- Referral tracking software.
- Fully integrated with Applicant Tracking system.
- Interview scheduler.
- Free online recruitment software.
- White labeling.
- Job portal development website.
- Chat and phone support.
- Automated distribution and tracking of referred candidates.
- Optimized text messages for higher engagement.
- Automated probation periods and notifications to payroll for payouts.
- Mobile referral features.
- User-friendly and intuitive platform.
- Viral recruiting campaigns and gamification.
- Custom modules for rewards.
- Shows key insights like conversion charts and progress reports.
- Revenue tracking features.
- Immediate feedback.
- Candidate profiles and referrals in a single database.
Skillfuel offers three types of pricing plans including a free one.
Rest are –
- Basic- $49/month
- Grow- $99/month
- Pro- $249/month
Teamable is one of the best employee referral software solutions that launches, tracks, and manages employee referral programs with utmost ease and efficiency. With its high-touch implementation facility, Teamable reveals and converts quality talents within your network and talent pool. Trusted by notable brands like Spotify, Canva, Carbon, etc. Teamable is partnered with many industries across more than 40 countries.
- Fully automated one-click referrals.
- High touch implementation feature.
- Incentive and reward system.
- Reporting and analytics leaderboard.
- Smooth integration with Applicant Tracking systems like Greenhouse, Lever, Workable, etc.
- Employee onboarding.
- Referral tracking.
- Candidate contact management.
- Job description portal.
- Performance appraisal.
- Employee recruitment and training management.
- EU – U.S. Privacy Shield certified and SOC 2 Type II certification.
- Magnetic gamification for high engagement.
- Customizable analytics that represent ROI.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion in hiring.
- Dedicated customer success team.
- Advanced search filters.
- Templates for messages
- Prospect card for candidate history and communication.
- Automated email campaigns.
- Job matching algorithm.
- Top talent marking.
- Social media integration.
Teamable offers per feature pricing model. Contact Teamable for pricing information. A free trial is also available.
Freshteam’s employee referral tool is one of the most highly rated in the industry. It modernizes each component of the HR process. From finding and gathering top talent to onboarding, hiring, managing, and offboarding them, Freshteam automates mundane administrative workloads and significantly reduces hiring costs by up to 50%. Freshteam is partnered with 9000+ businesses in 115+ countries worldwide.
- Customized career site
- Shareable links to social media.
- Custom tracking links for multiple job opening channels.
- Job-specific email addresses.
- Automated job publishing along with ATS.
- Embed job postings on web pages.
- Talent pool management.
- Employee profiles and document management.
- Talent pool management.
- Automated payroll data export.
- Automated notifications and reminders.
- Interview scheduling.
- Reporting and analytics.
- Collaboration tools.
- Scorecard and feedback.
- Mobile app for iOS and Android
- Integration with ATS, pre-assessment platforms, video interviewing platforms, etc.
- Employee time off management.
- Seamless publishing of jobs through ATS.
- Tracking referrals through the hiring pipeline.
- Custom tracking URL and merging of duplicate candidates for organized workflow.
- Direct connection with career mailbox.
- Automated resume parsing.
- Multiple job boards for maximum hires.
- Creation and management of employment offers.
- Advanced candidate and employee search.
- Reports with a detailed source to hire information.
- Modern and simple interface.
- Customized time off policies.
- Payroll and bonus data sync.
- Integrated holiday calendars.
- 100+ Pre-built job description templates and e-signatures.
Freshteam prices are affordable and available in both monthly and yearly plans.
- Free (basic) – $0 – for small organizations.
- Growth (essential) – $1.05/employee/month + platform fees – for small organizations.
- Pro- $2.11/employee/month + platform fees – for growing organizations.
- Enterprise- $4.22/employee/month + platform fees – for large organizations.
Pinpoint is an employee referral system software that eases the complexity and difficulty of running referral campaigns. It helps attract, hire, and retain highly skilled applicants by maximizing the visibility of job postings. Pinpoint has solutions for all your onboarding and management needs streamlining the whole talent acquisition process so that the leadership team can focus on other things.
- Quick invitations for referral with few clicks.
- Automated notifications, reminders, and emails.
- Dedicated employee referral portal.
- Insightful referral analytics and reporting.
- Branded career website.
- Job board advertisement marketplace.
- Custom application forms.
- Multilingual support.
- Job requisition management.
- Automated talent pipeline management.
- Automated recruitment workflows.
- Talent management.
- Communication tools.
- Video interviewing and interview scheduling.
- Offer management.
- Recruitment analytics dashboard.
- Integrated Applicant Tracking system.
- Referral on the go, log in anytime and check status.
- Real-time insights and outcomes of referrals.
- Advertisement on over 1450+ job sites-through Pinpoint.
- Recruitment agency portal.
- Easy creation, tracking, and approval of job requisition.
- Candidate scorecard and hiring rubrics for better insights.
- Collaboration tools and candidate experience surveys.
- Hyper-targeted recruitment advertising software attracts quality candidates faster.
- Candidate profiles with detailed history.
- Customized templates for text messages.
- Dedicated diversity job boards.
- Equity monitoring reports.
- Live chat, phone, and email support.
- Helps with specific campaigns and projects.
Pinpoint offers three types of packages-
- Growth: (starting at) $600/month
- Enterprise: (starting at) $1200/month
- Startup Program: Request a quote
Talentry is a pioneer in the employee referral management system industry. It has the most comprehensive talent Relationship Platform that covers tedious tasks of a recruitment drive from talent sourcing, referrals, managing recruitment events, candidate relationship, etc. Talentry ensures long-term success by playing a significant role in attracting and hiring employees and then turning them into brand ambassadors.
- Simple and quick referral process.
- Engagement engine- an employee app.
- Customizable employee referral portal.
- Automated newsletters, push notifications, and email campaigns.
- In-built mobile app.
- Rewards, points, and gamification system.
- Fully integrated into the existing Applicant Tracking System.
- Talent pool management.
- Communication and collaboration tools, and automated workflows.
- Shareable branded content to social media networks.
- Measurable performance metrics reports and dashboards.
- Centrally stored candidate profiles.
- GDPR compliant.
- Recruitment events management.
- Alumni management.
- Customizable employee referral portal according to the company requirement, which includes brand identity and system interface.
- Engagement engine app for employees that has tools like automated newsletters, and email campaigns. Internal stories, push notifications, micro rewards, points, and gamification.
- Transparent referral process, trackable recruitment, and a continuous candidate-recruiter journey through integration with ATS.
- Talent pools with data imported from business networks like Linkedin, CV parsing, talent profiles, contact history, etc.
- Configurable forms, tags, and searches for easier communication.
- Talent campaign function facilitating target-group specific mailings easily.
- Direct outlook mailbox link in talent profiles.
- Turns alumni into ambassadors and applicants through alumni management.
- Trackable metrics of traffic figures- shares, likes, clicks, referral status, etc.
Contact the Talentry team to obtain pricing information.
Boon is one of the best employee referral systems that can help brands achieve their referral milestones like a 45% increase in referral hires, 5X more hires from referrals, and a 40% reduction in the cost to hire. With its simple and accessible platform companies can automate 100% of their referral process and produce results that directly impact the company’s long-term growth. From startups to enterprise-grade companies, Boon is suitable for all.
- Easy set-up of employee referral portal.
- Simple referral widgets.
- Automatic updates and notifications.
- Reward and incentive.
- Customizable templates.
- Communication tools.
- Performance metrics, tracking, and insights dashboard.
- Campaign management and segmentation.
- Website branding.
- Multi-channel marketing and social media promotion.
- Social media integration.
- Own ATS or fully integrated it into an existing one like Job Adder, JazzHR, Greenhouse, and Workday. They also connect with Slack and Zapier.
- ISO, SOC, and GDPR compliant.
- No onboarding or training is required for setup.
- Automated job updates from existing career pages without any requirement of integration.
- Boon’s referral widget can be used to turn all job posts and hiring material into referral opportunities.
- Available both on mobile and web.
- Accurate and efficient data import and export.
- Compelling incentives and gamification that lead to amazing employee engagement.
- Real-time payment tracking.
- Customizable branded website for the personal touch and good impression.
- Smart dashboard with great visualization and analysis.
- Great data security.
- Promotes diverse and inclusive hiring.
- 24*7 live chat and email support.
Boon hasn’t revealed their prices on their website or on social media. Although they offer services under three packages, Startup. Growth and Enterprise. The team has to be contacted for more information on the pricing system.
10. Zoho Recruit
Zoho Recruit is a web-based employee referral system that also offers complete solutions for attracting, hiring, and managing recruits without going back and forth across media. The fully automated and highly customizable workflows of Zoho Recruit let companies plan better hiring strategies. Zoho applications such as CRM, Email, Calendar, Video meetings, marketing tools, etc. can be synced together in a centralized platform that is both smooth and efficient to work with.
- Branded referral portal.
- Comprehensive single portal for all kinds of referral work.
- Measurable referral analytics.
- Tracking and reporting.
- Free and premium customizable job boards.
- Customizable career page.
- Social media recruiting.
- Embedded and customizable job application form.
- Source Boosters, Zoho Recruit’s proprietary candidate sourcing system.
- Customizable Hiring pipeline.
- Recruitment analytics software.
- Real-time dashboard.
- Client and candidate portal.
- Communication and collaboration tools.
- Video interviewing, offer letter management, and candidate onboarding.
- Artificial intelligence recruitment software.
- Candidate assessments, resume management, and background checking.
- One single portal for viewing jobs, referring candidates, and checking status.
- Accurate referral analytics for better decisions.
- SEO-friendly branded career pages customized with unique web addresses, and application forms and embedded in a website.
- Multiple branded job portals for job advertisements.
- Source booster- AI communication tool -Advanced search filters and candidate search tools with quick resume access and drag and drop feature.
- A customizable hiring pipeline gives real-time updates on every recruitment stage and also works as a widget.
- Insightful reports with real-time performance data, tracking sources of hires, recruitment status, etc.
- Integration with google applications.
- Candidate portal for great candidate experience.
- Mobile friendly.
Zoho Recruit offers a 15-day free trial along with a 45-day money-back guarantee. Packages are for two types of recruiters- Corporate HRs, and Staffing agencies and are billed monthly or annually.
Monthly charges for corporate HRS –
- Free- $0
- Standard- $15.68/recruiter
- Enterprise- $31.37/ recruiter
Monthly charges for Staffing agencies-
- Free- $0
- Standard- $15.68/recruiter
- Professional- $31.37/ recruiter
- Enterprise- $47.05/ recruiter.
» Frequently Asked Questions! (FAQs)
1. How to make an employee referral program effective?
There are several ways to ensure your referral program is a success-
- Meticulous explanation of job requirements and roles.
- Keeping employees up to date about your needs.
- Recognizing employee efforts in terms of public announcement, and monetary and non-monetary rewards.
- A user-friendly, quick, and smooth referral process.
- Studying referral analytics and taking well-informed decisions on deploying different initiatives and strategies.
2. What are the benefits of using Employee Referral Software?
Employee referrals can drive maximum outcomes in terms of hiring when done efficiently and in an organized way. To adapt to the ever-changing scenario of modern hiring, recruiters have to deploy measures that help them achieve their goals. Like automating the whole referral process. An employee referral software helps in-
- Much faster hiring with a significant reduction in cost-to-hire through a separate referral portal for updating all information without the need of running behind an HR.
- Higher conversion rate because candidates applying through referral are more skilled, qualified, and suitable.
- Easy tracking of any stage of referral through real-time status, performance metrics, and data.
- Increases employee engagement through incentives or gamification.
- Stores all candidate information safely in one place even if not hired which makes up for a talent pool.
- Hired candidates through referral tend to stay longer.
3. What are the key features of Employee Referral Software?
While an employee referral tracking software for hiring sounds lucrative, it needs to possess all the right features that make it even more valuable.
- Quick one-click referrals.
- Rigorous, accurate, and real-time tracking for referral stages, job status, recruitment status, etc.
- Employer branding, and all kinds of device access.
- A proactive and rich talent pool for future reference.
- Employee engagement features for maximum participation.
- Automated follow-ups and notifications.
- Compatibility with existing recruiting tools and ATS.
- Social media integration etc.
4. How to evaluate that you are ready for investing in Employee Referral Software?
Implementing a referral software that replaces an important manual process is a hard decision to take, you need to ask yourself a few questions before investing in one-
- Whether your company is large enough or can afford to buy the software.
- Whether your employees have an understanding of your specific needs for a role and most importantly have in-depth knowledge about your services/products, work culture, and values.
- Whether you have a powerful back-end administration that can manage the influx of new hires and customers.
5. How much does an Employee Referral Software cost?
Employee Referral Software can be priced based on the number of employees a company has or according to the size or type of industry. It can offer a monthly plan, a yearly plan, or a customized plan based on specific requirements. The number of open job positions and candidates referred is also sometimes considered in the pricing. On average, the estimated annual cost for a 100-employee organization starts from $12,000 roughly.