Scheduling is the primary condition to get something done. From our works to industrial projects, planning is an integral part of every project management.
But drafting the whole planning and scheduling in our head is difficult. And when you put your thoughts on paper, it may become messy or hard to adjust according to the latest development. It is also difficult to let your teammates know about the planning. This is why using project scheduling software is the recent craze for industry personas.
It gives you the perfect approach so you can have accurate real-time data and use that accordingly. The flexible plans of the project scheduling software for planning offer you to choose only as per your requirement. It also can support your long-term and complex projects.
This project scheduling software is generally equipped with a vast number of tools like Gantt chart, bars, Kanban boards, task lists that let you visualize and collaborate effectively. The AI-enabled features also keep you up to date with the nitty-gritty of the business analysis part.
With these project scheduling tools and techniques, you can easily plan your projects, breakdown tasks, and appoint your team members to those tasks so you can maximize your productivity. From the initial planning to completing the final deliverables, this software can assist you in every step of your project scheduling work.
Here is a Project Scheduling Software List For You
Smartsheet is your first choice if you want a quick but easy solution for your project planning. It has a simple outlook and user interface that leads you to plan and organize your project without any hassle. You can keep a tab of your works, assign them, and execute each part successfully.
• It perfectly fits all your requirements for all the sizes.
• You can collaborate and outsource your works effectively as it gives you the real-time status of a project.
• It is really easy to use and you can export your planning from any of your existing software like Excel, Google spreadsheets, and Trello
• It has varieties of top-notch tools like Gantt chart, grid, calendar, and card- so you can easily get a visual representation of your whole plan
• The accurate and up-to-date data help you to plan in the most effective way
• It gives you automatic notifications about all the upcoming works
• The interactive dashboard provides you all the options and tools that you might need
• Reporting gets easier as the authority can quickly check how the employees are working and what the current project status is
• You can plan your projects effectively
• You can deliver the works with proper quality in the scheduled time
• With Smartsheet you can maintain the estimated budget and other resources too
• It can streamline your works without any extra effort from your side
• To check whether your project is on track, you only have to toggle on the critical path
• The Gantt chart provides a holistic visual approach to set the timeline without exhausting your resources
For individual work, it will cost you $14 per month. And for your team requirement, you have to opt for the business plan that is for $25 for every user a month. If you have some specific and advanced needs for your works, you can go for the Enterprise plan. The premium plan has additional features on top of that Smartsheet offered in the enterprise plan. You have to contact the website for the pricing of these two.
The ProjectManager.com provides you a very simple but useful purpose when it comes to project planning. This project management software has 4 levels of plans that suit all your needs and the budget-friendly options give you the ease to work without worrying about the overall budget. You can opt for this platform no matter the type of project you are working on and the size of your team.
• The timeline feature equips you with the necessary information you need in every step of the project
• The stakeholders can get regular updates with just a few clicks
• You can work on both long term projects and sprints
• You get to schedule the projects online, so your team gets complete visibility all the time
• It provides the Gantt chart facility that lets you visualize your whole schedule at a glance and define your next step accordingly
• Collaboration with your team becomes easy with this project planning software
• It provides tools like boards and lists to track and categorize all the works effectively
• You can create a detailed project plan using this software
• Schedule all the upcoming tasks accordingly
• View your work schedule in the calendar format
• You can finish your project on time
• The project quality is ensured within the proper budget
• You can balance all the resources and avoid any last-minute bottleneck situation
• You can distribute your workload effectively, and even get proper help when you have to rearrange your resources urgently
The personal plan of this Project management software is $15 per month that comes with the basic feature. Its team plan starts with 10users and will cost you monthly $20 for a user. The most popular plan of the ProjectManager.com is the business plan. You can get unlimited projects and features with just $25 per user per month there. The ProjectManager.com offers a 30 day trial period for all types of plans. And for your advanced needs, contact the website to get details about the enterprise model.
With more than 500k customers worldwide, GanttPRO is one of the most popular project scheduling platforms out there. It has so many popular companies as its clients like Salesforce, Nasa, Vodafone, Sony, and Hubspot. The simplistic approach lets you plan effectively even as a total beginner. The best part is, you can start working for free, and when you feel like it, you can upgrade the plan to a premium version.
• You can schedule all our assignment, deadline, milestones, and dependencies in one place
• You can divide the tasks into multiple subtasks
• The app comes with the auto-scheduling function that makes the necessary changes when you alter a schedule
• It gives you a broad view of the project tasks to check out any missing parts at a glance
• You can track progress regularly with this software
• It comes with free Gantt chart templates so you can start planning on the go
• It helps you simplify the planning process
• You can collaborate in real-time
• You can control every aspect of the project from one point
• You can keep the clients updated and include then in the whole process to know more about the feedback
• It helps you manage the personal and the teamwork with proper prioritization
• You can even manage your resources using this software
The individual plan will cost you $15 per month when your bill annually. But when you are opting for a plan for a team for up to 40 people, the cost will be $6.50 per month per user- if you pay annually. If you have 100+ employees working on your project, you have to go for the enterprise plan. As the team subscription plan is creeper than an individual plan, it is helpful and budget-friendly, especially for a team project. You can access a free trial for all three kinds of plans.
This intelligent automation software lets you plan your project, and execute it with proper timing and quality. It also tracks the progress of all the steps. It is an all-in-one software that guides you throughout the project lifecycle. With its AI-enabled estimation and instant applications, it provides the best solution to you. You can also book a demo to understand the working process thoroughly. It received the award of the leader of 2020, high performer, and the most user-friendly software from various organizations.
• The AI feature estimates the task duration
• Auto-schedule feature can turn your rough divisions into a full-fledged plan in no time
• It reduces your administrative work to let you focus more on the important stuff
• It looks into your portfolio and determined whether you can take up any new project
• You can manage all type of projects with this software
• It has the power and flexibility to support you in all your needs
• It lets you manage the project with limited resources, time, and cost
• You can get the breakdown of your cash flow easily with this software
• It can do both retainers and traditional fixed prices
• It analyzes and reports how you can improve the works
• The AI automation feature lessens human involvement and gives space for the more main parts
• It conducts live webinars and support sessions for your tasks
The Lite version works with only ten seats and costs $29 per month per user, whereas the Pro version is for $49 monthly per user and provides more fine-tuned solutions. The Enterprise version unlocks its full potential- so you can work with maximum efficiency. All the plans come with a free trial period.
Mavenlink is a must-have software for every successful business. It received the Leader award in the professional services automation, project and portfolio management, project management, resource management, and the work management categories. It also offers customized solutions for all your unique needs specific to your organization.
• It gives you a complete view of your portfolio
• It gives you the necessary client and project insights to work on better decisions
• You can plan all the tasks with their subtasks and milestones at once
• The business analyzer feature gives you key data for reference
• It also predicts any future obstacles so you can plan accordingly
• You can distribute the workload equally so the team can show consistent outputs
• You can have a clear idea of the status of individual tasks and resources at once
• You can save your successful projects as templates to work on them in a similar project in future
• The project pulse feature gives you a real-time update of the health of a particular project to let you know which part needs your attention right now
• You can change and modify your plan consistently to make the perfect plan for your project and the company
• You can integrate all your existing accounts and tools using Mavenlink
• You also can assign tasks to your members and set deadlines using this project management scheduling software free of any hassle
Mavenlink offers four plans for your company- Teams, professional, Premium, and Enterprise. All these plans have different specialties of the parameters like resource management, project management, team collaboration, project accounting, and business intelligence.
Microsoft Project provides a simple yet powerful tool to manage your project with all the requirements. The project scheduling software Microsoft app is easy to use. And it makes you empowered as you can take all the decisions of your project.
• It can manage projects of all schedules and timelines
• It is easy to start as a beginner, and too simple to keep using
• You can break down and manage even the most complex projects easily
• The business analyzer gives you valuable insights to move your project forward
• The interactive dashboard presents all the details at once to you
• It is secure and safely protects all your crucial data
• You can stay organized and in charge of your schedule always.
• You can get the assistance of Microsoft teams where you can chat and share files seamlessly
• It lets you keep in touch with your team members no matter where you are
• The dynamic scheduling feature changes and adjusts the timeline for you whenever needed
• It comes with both the desktop site and mobile app version so you can keep a tab on the project no matter where you are
• It is flexible and easily creates automated workflows
Microsoft has three project plans, namely project plans 1, 3, and 5. Project plan 1 comes with $10 per user in a month, and it has the basic features. Project plan 3 is $30 per month per employee, and it covers features like resource management and desktop clients. Project plan 5 provides demand management and portfolio optimization. It is $55 per month for a user.
With a vast user base and clients like Google, Airbnb, Siemens, Dell, snowflake- Wrike is a favorite choice for all the users. It has an interactive dashboard and contains all the tools that you might need.
• It offers a thoroughly streamlined intake process
• It creates campaigns with a few clicks that have a lasting impression on your project
• It lets you get rid of the spreadsheets and use the full potential of the marketing
• Wrike is the best platform for collaboration as all your team members feel heard and they can work effectively in their domain
• You can customize the workflow and dashboards to the most useful way according to the project
• It provides team-specific automation
• It is versatile and supports all kinds of projects
• As you can have all the information on a single platform, you can manage tasks effectively
• Working and sharing information in real-time speeds up your project execution process
• The holistic view that Wrike offers keeps you ready for all kind of obstacles in the future
• It is secure, and you can entrust your valuable data here
• It increases your productivity by narrowing down the focus on only the important stuff
The free Project management software plan is for five users at most and provides primary services. The professional plan for 5-20 workers comes at $9.80 per month per user, while the business plan is for $24.80 per month for a user. The business plan can afford 5-200 workers at a time. And the enterprise plan customizes for the specific needs of your company and can afford an unlimited number of workers. You can always ask for a demo or avail of a free trial period before investing here.
Asana is the most user-friendly and clean project management scheduling software that most entrepreneurs and freelancers swear by. Asana has a trusted user base that includes Nasa, Spotify, Deloitte. This app has changed the lives of millions of project managers through its holistic approach.
• Integrates your spreadsheets, email, and other necessary tools in one place
• It tracks every aspect of the project till the finishing
• It plans content calendars and manages campaigns
• Tracks progress and create reports in sprints
• Manages onboard accounts and sales funnels to boost your revenue
• It even takes care of the interview process to make sure the company hires only the people who are the best fit for them
• It acts as a collaboration tool that connects all your team members swiftly
• You get a complete view of the work so you can make quick and right decisions
• You can stay on schedule and complete all the tasks on time
• It also creates reports easily for you to crack
• It works wonders with Agile and Scrum methodologies
• The kanban boards are an effective way to manage all the tasks and milestones
If you are a one-man army, the basic plan might be the best for you. This project scheduling software free plan can equip you with all the tools you need to get started. The premium plan comes with $10.99 per month, and the business plan is for $24.99 per month. These amounts are for a user and if you pay once a year. If you bill monthly, the per-user cost of the premium plan will be $13.99 and the business plan will be $30.49. For your specific needs, visit the website to know more about the enterprise plan.
From the plenty of project management system options available in the market, we have handpicked the top 8 for you. Compare their pros and cons carefully and tally them with your needs. And if you are still in doubt after the project management scheduling software comparison, always ask for a demo or take up the free trial to ensure this is the best investment you did for your business.