Table of Contents
» What is Zoom Application?
Zoom is a video conferencing and webinar software that allows the user to conduct group meetings and video webinars at different locations at the same time. The app offers a robust set of features like video webinars, conference rooms, and online meeting features.
» Why Do You Need An Alternative to Zoom?
In the times of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Internet has seen a surge in the use of the Zoom Video Conferencing application. According to the research by Wandera, there has been a 225% increase in the use of Zoom Connections.
But recently, we heard that the Zoom application is vulnerable to some security issues. This has raised concerns among the Zoom users. Even big brands like Google, Nasa, and SpaceX have abandoned the use of Zoom Application.
» Here is the list of the best 11 Zoom Alternatives
Microsoft Teams is the management and collaboration software available integrated with Office 365 for Video Conferencing. The software is available with necessary features for free. You can use the software for online meetings, making online calls, and high-quality audio-video sharing. Microsoft Teams can also be used to host corporate meetings with 300 people basically, and in the paid version, you can connect with up to 10000 people. The application also supports assistance for scheduling meetings, real-time note taking of meetings, screen sharing, recorder of the meeting, and instant messaging service. The best feature of the application is that you can personally hold meetings on a 1:1 basis with your email account. Even a guest can join your sessions.
• Conference from anywhere
• Enhance productivity
• The smooth running of digital workplace
• Include a large number of audience for digital events
• In-Built feature of note-taking of meetings
• The Basic Plan starts from $5.00 per month per user to host online video conferencing for up to 250 people.
Skype is a very popular way to conduct online meetings. Skype application is available for all modes of communication like phone, desktop, and laptop. With the free version, you can host a meeting or hold a video conference for most people. You can also record calls while having a video conference. Skype also has a smart messaging system while you are in an online meeting. For corporate use, Skype also offers the screens sharing services for easy presentation. However, users can use the service for sharing holiday photos or any images while in progress video calls. The application also supports an end to end encryption to secure your conversations with your friends and family.
• High Definition video and audio calls
• An instant messaging feature along with emoji and reactions sharing
• Call recorder with live captions and subtitles
• Screen sharing
• Calling feature with affordable international rates
• Calling subscription starts from $3.59 per month for making calls in the US.
GoToMeeting is a collaboration tool for business and personal use. The application offers one-click online meetings by using your laptop and mobile devices. The application also offers a platform for GoToRoom hardware, where you can conduct a business conference with all the necessary integrated tools. With GoToMeeting application, the users can also conduct business webinars with interesting and useful tools like reporting and analysis reports, designing and distribution of handouts, and online recording. For all the paid services offered by GoToMeeting, you get a free seven-day trial without the use of credit cards.
• Screen Sharing
• Integrated VoIP calls
• High definition video conference
• Real-time meeting recorder along with a necessary transcription
• Schedule meetings from anywhere
• The Professional plan of GoToMeeting starts from $12 per month with a threshold of 150 participants.
Join.me is the easy to use application for hosting a meeting or attending one. The host of the meeting can start meeting with the audience by creating one simple personalized link. Your guest can join the meeting by using the link in the Join.me application. The link created for the meeting online is personalized so that it’s easy to remember for your audience. The user can also create a customized background for the profile and videos. The companies can also officially set the background by using the logo. The features of Join.me are easy to use and seamlessly used for conducting better online meetings and conferences. With one click, change your audio formats or share your screen with your audience.
• Audio and Video Conferencing for all
• Collaboration software supporting iOS
• Scheduler integration with Google Calendar and Outlook
• Personalized joining link
• Integrated whiteboard to ideas
• Swap the screens for changing presenter of the meeting
• The Lite version of the app is available for $10 a month for meetings with up to five people.
5. Cisco Webex
Cisco Webex is the online conferencing and webinar application that lets you hold the online meetings at ease. The application is available on your mobile. Hence you can meet people from anywhere in the world. Hosting meetings is as simple as meeting a person in one click. The user can also check the background of the person by checking the profile. The user can also share the document or presentation with one-click screen sharing. Invite your audience with the invite link, and even a guest can join your meeting. With Cisco Webex, you can conduct a conference with as many as 100,000 people.
• Video conferencing with HD video and audio output
• All the fundamental tools for team collaboration like whiteboards screen sharing and messaging
• Create and host significant public events like webinars
• Calling facility for the users
• Tools for creating and hosting online training schedules
• Support management for customers and users
• For plans and pricing contact sales
BlueJeans offers various features and solutions for online meetings and conferences. The application offers services for online collaboration with audio or video conference from anywhere in the world. All you need is the Internet and application. BlueJeans is popular because it offers productivity tools for a productive meeting like an auto recording of the necessary transcription meeting. The host of the meeting can also pull out the analytics and meeting controls for getting a complete picture of the meeting's success. Joining a meeting is also very easy, regardless of the device or browser used by the audience.
• Unlimited one to one meetings
• Recording the meeting highlights for later use
• HD video with interactive meeting dashboard for the users
• Integrations with an online calendar like Google Calendar and Outlook
• Assign tasks in the middle of the meeting
• BlueJeans Standard pricing starts from $9.99 per month to host a meeting up to 50 participants
InterMedia is an online tool for conducting seamless meetings for businesses of all sizes. With this online tool for video conferencing and meetings, you can conduct business meetings with any laptop or mobile device. The application offers seamless video conferencing so that the user does not experience the call drops or stutter in between the meeting. The application is designed to use interactive tools for conducting meetings and the latest AI technology for faster and reliable meeting experience. The host can use the tools of the application for marketing the products, conducting training sessions, and webinars for all kinds of businesses.
• Launch quick polls and handouts for the meeting
• 720p HD Video Conferencing supporting 12 webcams
• Audio conferencing by phone or computer
• Personalized background with brand logo
• Capturing meeting notes for later distribution
• The plan is free for up to four web participants and starts with $9.99 per month for ten web participants.
8. Google Meet
Google Meet is a new way of meeting people online. Anyone with the Google Account can sign up for Google Meet with one single click. Create online meetings for free, with a maximum of 100 web participants, and conduct 60 minutes per session. However, Google Meet is allowing the sessions of the meeting of 24 hours till September 2020. Google Meet is designed not only for businesses but also for schools and organizations for conducting open meetings and conferences. For using the Google Meet from the browser, no application download is required.
• Security features like two-step verification and encryption for safe and secure meetings
• Google Drive storage for the users
• 24/7 customer support
• Live captions during the meeting
• Invite up to 100 participants for the meeting in free version
• Compatibility with all kinds of devices
• Audio and video preview screen
• G Suite Essentials starts from $10 per month for a maximum of 150 participants. However, the features of the G Suite essentials are free up till 30 September 2020.
Zoho Meetings is a secure online way of conducting business meetings. Since the world has adapted to the remote working and online conferencing, Zoho Meetings provides seamless tools and features for video conferencing and conducting the business webinar. With Zoho Meetings, the user gets useful productivity tools like the scheduler to schedule meetings and webinars for the employees, get RSVP, and send reminders to the participants and distribute agendas and handouts of the meeting. The user can also conduct a private meeting that is confidential without any interference from the external guests.
• Use the application from your browser without the need to download the app
• Sync meetings with the online calendar
• Add multiple presenters of the meeting
• Secure the sessions with the highest level of a security layer
• Analytics for the webinar
• The basic plan starts from $5.00 per month per host for a maximum of 100 participants.
ezTalks is the online collaboration and video conferencing tool for all kinds of businesses. The user can enhance the team's productivity by using the tools of the ezTalks like audio and video online meeting and video conference, screen sharing tools for presentation and sharing docs, and interactive whiteboard to present and draw ideas. ezTalks values user privacy and protects your data from the intruders. Hence you get the Advanced layer of encryption standard to protect the network and data of the users. Imports contacts from Google and Outlook for making invites for the meetings.
• Advanced features of meeting controls
• Conduct a large number of meeting with the free version
• Join in meeting with the Phone audio
• Integrated Outlook plugin
• Schedule meetings with Calender
• The standard plan starts at $10 per month.
RingCentral is the superior online meeting tool that helps you create and host extraordinary meetings online with digital collaborative tools. The application offers high quality and HD video conferencing features that come along with many tools and techniques. RingCentral also offers online meetings with a real-time instant messaging service to host a seamless and reliable meeting for your business. The application also supports datasheets sharing for passing information and whiteboard solutions to explain ideas and training to the employees and RingCentral rooms for interactive and multiple sessions.
• Screen Sharing
• HD Video with the tagging feature
• Meetings from anywhere from any device
• Collaboration tools for the team
• Instant messaging service
• The basic plan starts from $14.99 per month per user for meetings of a maximum of 100 participants.
The above list of Zoom is not exhaustive, and there are tons of options available online. Research and use the apps according to your need. We hope the article was helpful and informative for you.
What is Zoom and how does it work?
Zoom is a video and audio conferencing platform widely used for conducting webinars, business meetings, and even online classes. It is easy, affordable, and can accommodate more than 100 members at a time. This software-based conference room has been popular ever since the Covid19 pandemic started worldwide.
Is Zoom better than Skype?
Zoom requires more bandwidth than Skype while it can accommodate more participants than Skype, even in the free versions. They bost have excellent compatibility and similar features, but Skype does not have features like individual meeting URLs, virtual hand raising, and more. For security, the zoom has proved to be doubtful in many countries while no such complaints have taken place against Skype. So if you are worried about your security, opt for Skype. Else, Zoom is the best option for you.
How much does the Zoom meeting cost?
You can conduct unlimited free meetings with a duration of 40 minutes and with up to 100 participants. With the help of the “Pro” plan, you can have 1GB cloud recording per license with the feature of social media streaming, with the yearly cost of Rs. 13200 per license. In the “Business” plan, you can host a maximum of 300 participants with perks like cloud recording transcripts, domain management, the company branding, and others with Rs.17,700 per year per license.
Is Zoom Free for personal use?
Zoom does have a free plan to conduct meetings. You have to have a zoom ID to create virtual meetings, but you can host unlimited meetings with a maximum of 100 participants, and each of them will be of 40 minutes. For having a longer meeting or accommodating more participants, you need to update to paid plans.
What are the top 10 alternatives to Zoom?
- Microsoft Teams
- Cisco Webex
- Google Meet
- Zoho Meetings