Productivity software is your best bet towards successfully executing an overall business strategy while ensuring that you never miss a deadline again. Packed with a wide range of good to great features, productivity software is designed to create a smooth working experience for organizations, corporations, and individuals while enabling them to carry out their day to day tasks efficiently. Digital productivity software provides file sharing, task calendar, project portfolio management, chat boxes, and other specialized features that allow small and large businesses to manage projects and align their resources effectively. Organizations can easily maintain and improve employer-employee communications from remote locations through video conferences and meetings in a unified communication solution, all thanks to multimedia communication software. Productivity software further enables data processing tools to polish any raw content into spreadsheets and readily adds a professional touch to any business pitch. Hard work is commendable but smart work always does the trick. To build a satisfied workforce that knows how to work smart, here is a list of top-rated productivity software that will spice up your work life.
» Our score is based on user satisfaction (reviews & ratings), social media buzz, online presence, and other relevant information. If your software is part of this list, use this badge on your website and social media to let your readers know about your success.
List of Best Productivity Software Ratings & Reviews
monday.com has all the tools in place to help you be a productive professional day-in and day-out. It helps you manage workloads, share information and progress updates, and monitor your team and individual goals in a few clicks. It provides you with seamless communication channels across departments for better fulfilment of the KPIs. Apart from that, the system can send automated reminders and carry out routine tasks automatically based on the triggers you set. That saves you precious time to focus on other vital responsibilities.
• Customizable tools to meet your distinct professional needs.
• Faster task allocation and simpler task management.
• Automation of routine tasks.
• Reminders and updates to ensure you always stay on track.
• Easy management of team workloads.
• Real-time communication tools to collaborate with teammates effectively.
• Ability to schedule your meetings and work shifts.
• Seamless document creation, sharing, and information management.
• Tracking tools to meet deadlines.
• It helps you organize your everyday to-dos more efficiently.
• It enhances team spirit, keeping everyone updated on the progress of the task/project.
• It helps set priorities, ensuring you are working on the right task at the right time.
• It saves time and resources, improving the overall productivity of the organization.
• It enables you to stay on top of what’s going on, regardless of where you are.
monday.com productivity software is available in multiple pricing plans. Select the one that suits your business size and requirements. Here is the list:
• Individual Projects - free forever (up to 2 seats)
• Basic Projects - $9 per seat per month
• Standard Projects - $12 per seat per month
• Pro Projects - $20 per seat per month
• Enterprise Projects - custom pricing
Looking for an app to improve productivity? Get your entire task is done on a single platform- ClickUp. This incredible productivity software is a lifeline for the business that struggle to achieve goals but lack the resources. ClickUp is equally productive for individuals who want to manage projects, spreadsheets, documents, emails, chat, and events on a single platform. This customizable space handles every complex work from Kanban boards, Gantt Charts, conversations, and reminders.
• To-do lists to capture all your tasks, from complex to simple.
• Documents and knowledge base creation.
• Personalized views.
• Project management with customizable features: automated workflow, reminders, project status, goals, checklists, and more.
• Conversations and team chats.
• Timelines, Gantt charts, and calendars to plan, schedule, and real-time sync.
• Tools to track your goals and time.
• Image capture, video recordings, and offline mode.
• Resource management through workload and timeline.
• You can get rid of the hassles of using multiple apps as ClickUp packs in all the functionalities.
• You will always know which team member is working on which task/project.
• You won’t lose time waiting or thinking about the upcoming task as Inbox will line things up for you.
• You can easily integrate it with your current systems.
• All your work gets synchronized with effective, real-time collaboration.
ClickUp offers a Free Forever and an Unlimited plan with the latter costing $5/member/month for annual billing.
Trusted by millions, Trello is the visual collaboration tool that creates a shared perspective on any project. Trello’s boards, lists and cards enable you to organize and prioritize your personal and work life in a fun, flexible and rewarding way. From sales and marketing to HR and operations, teams can design and customize Trello to fit their unique needs and work styles. And with over 100+ integrations with other key tools like Google Drive, Slack, Jira and more, Trello is a living, breathing project hub of cross-team collaboration no matter where your work needs to happen.
• Boards, cards, and lists to organize tasks and projects across teams.
• Freedom to include as many team members as you like.
• Division of tasks into To-Dos, Doing, and Done, along with the daily standup tool.
• Addition of comments, due dates, attachments, checklists, labels, and more to your cards.
• Automation through Butler for recurring tasks with Triggers and commands.
• Integrations with other platforms, such as Google Drive, Slack, and Jira.
• Time-tracking and reporting tools with support to Excel exports.
• You can not only organize but also prioritize your work better.
• You get to experience seamless collaboration with your teams, across projects; reducing the general to-and-fro of emails.
• You save plenty of your time and resources through automated tasks and streamlined, always up-to-date information; escalating the overall productivity.
• You can stay on top of your work, no matter which device you are using or where you are.
One of the top productivity software, Trello is a free to use tool for everyone.
Increase your team focus level through Flock; the user can find more flexible ways to improve team productivity and communication level with the help of this software. It’s communicational software where team members can easily collaborate with each other. The user can discover all the collaboration tools and communication medium through this software; he/she don’t need to access multiple tools and emails for collaboration. Flock offers real-time communication feature to the team.
• Channel creation for different projects.
• Shared to-do lists, together with reminders and due dates, for teams.
• Generation of polls to gather opinions of teammates; these responses can be anonymous.
• In-app notes, both private and shareable. You can add files, create tables, checklists, and format them the way you want.
•Reminders, recurring or a one-time, for yourself or your team against any chat message.
• File-sharing through channels and direct messaging, along with the robust search filter.
• You achieve improved collaboration and communication throughout the organization.
• You get to save considerable time by automating your workflow processes.
• Your project management skills get a significant boost, thanks to the streamlined work, resulting in greater productivity.
• You would never miss a deadline with reminders.
The Starter pack of Flock is free for a team of up to 20 members. Its Pro version is available at an annual bill of INR 199 per user, per month. It also offers a free trial for 30 days.
MeisterTask is an online project and team collaboration management tool which allows users to create project dashboards, collaborate team members and work together in real time. MeisterTask dashboard provides an overview of all the projects and notifications. Users can create an unlimited number of projects and invite others via email to work together. It also has customizable project dashboards which allow users to create project sections according to their needs.
• Kanban-style, customizable project boards with filters, timeline, automation, task limits, and templates for recurring tasks.
• Time-tracking, due dates, custom fields, tags, and checklists to tackle tasks.
• Reports and statistics to analyze your time, project progress, and compliance.
• User groups, team projects, admin control, as well as restrictions to access.
• Mentions, comments, group addresses, and email notifications.
• Integrations with popular solutions, including Outlook, G Suite, Dropbox, Buffer, and GitHub.
• A dedicated mobile app for Android and iOS.
• You can bring every part of your work to one place, hassle-freely. So, no more switching between different apps.
• You can organize, assign, and keep a tab on all the tasks easily.
• You get seamless channels for communicating with your team, irrespective of their locations or devices, improving coordination and team-spirit.
• You receive accurate details on things, like project progress and the time spent on various tasks, helping you plan even more effectively.
• You remain in control of who can see which information.
One of the best productivity software, MeisterTask’s Basic plan is free. Its Pro and Business plans cost you $4.19 and $10.39, respectively, every month.
You are getting the job done faster through Sampage; it’s the best team productivity software. The user can find all-in-one office suite through this software which one helps to get an idea about projects and conversations in real time. The global team can work easily on the same project and it also offers chat feature like the whole remote team are working in one place. The user can find endless virtual possibilities through Samepage.
• Project management tools to plan, track, execute, and deliver outcomes on-time.
• Task management resources to assign and monitor tasks with functionality to set reminders, due dates, and priorities.
• Real-time collaboration and communication.
• File-sharing and team chats.
• Tools to schedule meetings, build agendas, take notes, and assign duties.
• Video conferencing.
• Remote collaboration.
• Accessibility across devices.
• Integrations with other software.
• You can organize and implement your projects in a smarter way.
• You always know the status of various tasks, which in turn, helps meet the deadlines.
• You can keep your chats, documents and communications with you, in-sync, wherever you go.
• In-built communication tools enhance team bonding and efficiency from top to bottom.
• You enjoy more engagement levels among your employees, enhancing their productivity.
Samepage is available in three packages: Free, Standard, and Pro. While the Free plan is forever free for smaller groups/personal use, the Standard and Pro versions cost $7.50 and $9 each month, per license, respectively. Alternatively, you can take a 30-day free trial.
7. Zoho Cliq
The cloud-based team communication and collaboration software offer the robust way to stay connected. The team can use team chat, audio & video calls, and file-sharing feature to improve the productivity level of business through Zoho Cliq. Software, Marketing, Operation, and Tech Support teams can easily collaborate and run their business strategies smoothly. The user can easily integrate this business productivity software with third-party platforms.
• Group collaboration through channels.
• Searchable conversations and messages, in addition to a multi-chat view.
• Support for voice, video, and group calls; as well as screen sharing.
• Remote work management.
• On-the-go accessibility, across devices.
• Integrations with renowned tools, such as Mailchimp, Trello, and Dropbox.
• Reminders for follow-ups.
• File-sharing and workflow automation - real-time updates and conversion of messages into tasks.
• Coordinating with your asynchronous team becomes effortless, whether it is instant calls or aligning ideas through channels.
• You never miss any important tasks, events, files, or messages.
• You always stay updated about work, regardless of your geographical location or the type of device.
• It helps achieve centralization of work, boosting the overall efficacy levels while saving time.
Zoho Cliq is available in both free and paid versions with the latter offering unlimited features. The paid plans that start at INR 90 per user, per month with annual billing, vary with the number of users.
Progress on important things and prioritize your work with Todoist productivity software. The platform is a generator of a calm work environment, where one can confidently put up work and focus on the right things. You can easily organize and prioritize projects so that you don’t miss out on anything important. Whether it is a business venture or a grocery list, Todoist allows you to conquer your projects and complete them on time.
• Quick addition and organization of tasks.
• Habit building and deadline adherence through recurring goals.
• Task view to look at the bigger picture, in addition to Todoist Boards.
• Prioritization, marking favorites, and creation of subtasks to organize better.
• Task delegation, notifications, and communication.
• Rewards and reviews on your tasks and productivity.
• Integrations with third-party apps like Alexa, Gmail, and Zendesk.
• Any device accessibility from anywhere.
• You get a headstart through its ready templates.
• You have clarity on your ongoing and upcoming tasks - both professional and personal.
• You can focus on the right task at the right time.
• You never miss a due date.
• Sharing workload and team communication become convenient.
• You can see the tangible progress for a specific period of time and make changes accordingly, escalating the overall efficiency.
One of the leading productivity apps, Todoist is available in both free and paid plans; with the free version offering restricted features. Its Premium and Business plans cost $3/month and $5/user/month, respectively, when billed annually. 30-day free trials are also available.
Trusted by more than 85,000 teams and businesses across the globe, ProofHub is your go-to project management tool that provides a host of powerful features in a single location. Whether you’re a seasoned project manager or a rookie professional, ProofHub has a minimal learning curve to allow you to get going ASAP. ProofHub is designed for both in-office teams and remote teams of any size, across various industries. From Time Management to File Management, Custom Workflows to Multiple Views and much more, ProofHub offers all that you need to have ultimate control over your projects and teams without having to juggle multiple tools.
• Online Proofing tool to share, collaborate, review, proof, and annotate files with markup tools from anywhere, on any device connected to the internet.
• Custom Fields allow you be more flexible with your workflows when you want to add more fields other than default ones.
• Group Chat allows you to send/receive direct messages to team members within seconds.
• Time Management tool to record time spent on tasks, set time estimates, and create time reports.
• File Management tool to store, organize, and collaborate on all your digital files in a single location.
• Kanban boards to see work moving through multiple stages.
• Gantt charts to visualize tasks in a timeline view.
• Task Management tool to create and assign tasks and subtasks at one place.
• All features in a single location makes it easy to plan, organize, collaborate and deliver projects of all sizes, on time.
• Affordable pricing plans.
• Minimal learning curve.
• Multilingual interface (11 languages to choose from).
• Integration with apps you already use.
• Excellent customer support.
• Updated regularly for new features.
ProofHub is available in two pricing plans. The Essential plan, with Core features, is priced at $45/month, billed annually. The Ultimate Control plan is priced at $89/month, billed annually.
Increase your or your team’s productivity with the help of WebWork Time Tracker’s extensive features. Despite the name, the tool is not only a time tracker but also a task management tool. On WebWork, users can track their time on apps and websites they use, they can create projects, assign tasks and communicate at the same time. As a result, users get to see their time spent on specific tasks, get to do most of their work on the same platform and spend the saved time on productive activities.
• Time tracking
• Detailed reports on tracked data
• 4 Screenshots modes for different privacy levels
• Billable hours
• Invoice creation
• Activity level monitoring
• App and website usage tracking
• Attendance monitoring
• Task management system
• Team chat
• Member types
• You can organize your whole work on one platform
• You can track time spent on all your projects
• You can improve your productivity by visualizing how your time is spent
• You will know which activities waste most of your and your team’s time
• If you are a freelancer, you can turn your worked hours to worked amounts
WebWork has a free trial of 7 days, which is followed by 30 days of use and pay later. After that, the Basic Plan costs $2.99 per user/month and includes all features. There is also the Enterprise Plan which is for teams with 40+ members.
11. I Done This
Track your team progress through I Done This; wonderful business productivity software provides the best platform to your team where the team member can check daily updates, completed tasks, project reporting, and project management features. The user can get complete idea about their team productivity and he/she can also improve their strategies and ways with the help of this software. You don’t need to conduct more meetings, make your email smarter through I Done This.
• Quick, everyday status updates by everyone on the team.
• Categorization of tasks into doing, ongoing, completed, and can’t be completed.
• Insightful reports on your team and the company’s progress.
• You are always updated about the status of any given task. That not only helps in planning but also keeping up with the deadlines.
• You can manage your team more effectively as everything and everyone remains in-sync all the time.
• You can make necessary changes in your business operations and approach in time with progress reports.
I Done This comes in three different plans:
Standard - It costs $9 per user, every month when billed annually.
Plus - It is priced at $22 for each user, each month with annual billing.
Enterprise - It is available for $35/month, per user with yearly billing.
You can also try any of its plans for free for three days.
As a freelancer or a small business owner working from home it’s easy for a day to go by and feel like you didn’t get enough work done. Bonsai is here to help if you're looking for an all-in-one solution for all your business needs. Submit your proposals, manage your invoices and contracts, track your time and tasks, and monitor your projects. You can easily collaborate with your team, clients and partners while prioritizing your tasks and boosting your and your team's productivity. Bonsai’s smart automation lets you focus on your passion, not your paperwork.
• Proposals: craft customized proposals with clear estimates to close your deals faster.
• Contracts: generate an already vetted contract template. Once you hit send, the contract can be e-signed in minutes.
• Client CRM: stay organized while managing your clients and ongoing projects all in one place. Organize all the documents, files and payments together for you and your client.
• Time Tracking: easily track the time you're working, automatically populate timesheets and seamlessly switch between your projects for the day.
• Invoices: create and customize invoices, receive updates about payment timelines, and have automatic payment reminders sent on your behalf.
• Task tracking: simple task management for your projects. Track time for each task and stay up-to-date.
• Accounting & taxes: automatic expense tracking, income reporting and estimated tax planning.
• Forms & surveys: create customized forms and questionnaires for clients and kick off new projects.
• You can organize your whole work on one platform.
• You can integrate and automate every step of your business so it runs seamlessly.
• You can track time spent on all your projects and automatically bill your clients.
• You will have access to many helpful features in one place so you don't waste time searching for them externally.
Bonsai is available in three plans. Select the one that suits your needs best. A 7-day free trial is available for all plans.
Starter: $24/month, $17/month if billed yearly. You can have up to 5 project collaborators.
Professional: $39/month, $32/month if billed yearly. You can have up to 15 project collaborators.
Business: $79/month, $52/month if billed yearly. You can have unlimited project collaborators.
Discover the amazing checklist feature with task manager at TickTick. It’s task management software available for Android, iOS, and Web. The team can manage all things with the intuitive design and features. Use can also set a reminder of deadline through the software. It offers the flexible ways where the user can share list, assign a task to the team and easily collaborate with their team. It’s also easy to organize daily plans with attractive theme options.
• Task addition through voice inputs, emails, Siri, Quick Ball, and widgets.
• Alerts, recurring tasks, and multiple reminders to adhere to the due dates.
• Tags, search, folders, smart lists, priority levels, and sorting to organize your to-dos.
• Multiple calendar views.
• Pomo timer to stay focused.
• List sharing and task assignments with your team members.
• Stats, achievement score, and summary for performance review.
• Anytime, anywhere access to always in-sync information that works with 10+ platforms.
• It makes adding tasks hassle-free through multiple input options.
• It streamlines your work with up-to-date task status and views.
• It protects you from missing any deadlines or important events with reminders and calendars.
• It simplifies collaborating with teams, improving engagement, and elevating productivity at all levels.
• It helps you plan your next right move through accurate reports.
• It keeps you updated across devices even when you are on the move.
You can use TickTick for free or upgrade for annual pricing of $27.99.
A flexible open-source productivity platform, Mattermost ensures secure team collaboration, centralized communication, and initiative workflow. The software helps in collaborating across large teams without worrying about data privacy or security issues. Mattermost deploys to a private cloud, ensuring security and rendering complete control on data. Businesses can now seamlessly work with mobile security and compliance system by integrating this highly customizable interface.
• Real-time collaboration across devices.
• Seamless communication: individual/group messaging, searchable messages, screen sharing, voice/video calls, and file-sharing.
• Support for multiple languages.
• Custom notifications and do not disturb (DND) mode.
• DevOps integrations, toolkits, extensions, API library, and plugins.
• System and performance monitoring, compliance reporting, authentication, group sync, and more.
• You experience peak productivity and efficiency in the workspace with uninterrupted coordination among teams.
• Your work processes get the necessary acceleration through its tools, scalability, and extensibility.
• You are in total control of your data with its high-grade privacy; no monitoring by any third-party.
• You get complete access to server APIs, source codes, and libraries.
• You become a part of its vibrant open-source community.
Mattermost offers three plans for its Cloud solution: Free, Professional (costing $10 per user, per month), and Enterprise (custom pricing). Its Self-Managed solution also has three plans: Enterprise EO (free), Enterprise E10 ($3.25 per user, each month), and Enterprise E20 ($8.50 each user, per month).
Spike is do-it-all software that provides conversational emails, collaboration, manage calendar and chat facilities over a single platform. This productivity software is a blend of email and messaging. It allows you to practically read minds, talk and send face-to-face messages, provides a quick preview of files and folders. Pike is the right software for someone who receives hundreds of emails and strives to communicate with the same speed.
• Conversational emails, collaborative tasks, and notes in real-time.
• Group chats support and quick replies.
• Calendar syncing, in-line RSVP, and advanced search.
• Audio/video calls.
• Cloud integrations.
• Custom notifications.
• Inbox organization through priority, bulk actions, schedule send, and unified mailbox.
• Multi-language and translation support.
• Reminders, auto-sync, note history, and data encryption.
• Seamless sharing with your team, even the ones not using Spike.
• Collaborating with your global team is no more trouble.
• The real-time participation, updates, and messaging ensure you always stay in the loop of what’s happening without compromising data security.
• Language is not a barrier anymore, thanks to its built-in translator and support to 10 languages.
• You never miss any critical task, mail, or event; boosting your competence.
• You get seamless access, anywhere, anytime.
Spike’s yearly plans are for:
Personal accounts: Free and Pro ($4/account/month)
Business accounts: Business ($6/account/month) and Enterprise ($40/month from ten accounts).
There’s a 14-day free trial for business accounts too.
While there are lots of complex software your team jiggles on an everyday note, Glip plays the role to empower your team and simplify everything! This ridiculously simple productive software lets you collaborate with your team from a single platform, share files, communicate and discuss from any device, and manage projects from home, office or anywhere in the world. Glip is decked up with the best features one can ask for! From unlimited file storage to video chat; Glip offers everything.
• Task creation and assignment with a few clicks. You can add descriptions, set deadlines, and even color-code tasks.
• Team messaging and video conferencing.
• Integrations with other apps you use, for instance, Microsoft 365.
• Guest invitations to join group chats, video conferences, and project threads.
• Tools to record meetings and highlights. You can store them on the cloud for seven days.
• Screen sharing. You can even switch between devices during meetings.
• Instant joining from anywhere, browsers or app.
• You can bring your team together, without hassles, regardless of where they are.
• You save a lot of time as everything is put together - from files to conversations.
• Easy collaboration with your team and guests, combined with clutter-free task management, streamlines your work, increasing productivity.
• There is no limit on the number of messaging and meetings.
• You won’t skip a single task.
Glip Pro is Free with basic features while the Pro+ version can cost you $11.99 per user, per month when billed annually.
17. Office 365
Who on the Earth is unaware of this powerful, creative, and efficient productivity software? Office 365 is one of the best products by Microsoft that offers the best platform to boost efficiency. With an Office 365 subscription, you get access to all the desktop and mobile apps you want to work on! From Microsoft spreadsheet, word, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, there is a wide range of options to choose and boost productivity.
• Includes access to all the Office apps, such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, from any device.
• Organizes everything at one place - right from your emails to calendar to tasks and contacts.
• Offers video conferencing, group chats, calling, and online meetings.
• Allows swift file-sharing and seamless storage.
• Automates business workflows and processes.
• Provides data security and privacy through user authentication and policies.
• You don’t have to keep shuffling between different apps, buying you precious time.
• You will always meet the due dates with effective task organization and calendar syncs.
• You can communicate with your team at the click of a button, strengthening team relationships.
• You can make robust plans and personalize your workspace.
• You can access it anytime, from wherever you are, helping you achieve more.
One of the prominent productivity software solutions, Microsoft 365 has four annual plans:
Business Basic ($5), Standard ($12.50), Premium ($20), and Microsoft 365 Apps ($8.25), on per user, per month basis. There is a one-month free trial too.
Unified workspace for each project not only boosts productivity but ensures timely completion of each task. With Wimi productivity software, establish team communication, real-time interaction, share files, and folders, and manage tasks online. The software provides a project calendar to create and manage events, visualize key milestones, and handle workload charts. The software allows you to stay connected with team members through unlimited video calls, audio calls, and screen sharing.
• Unified workspaces: Effortless invitation to participants for every project or process.
• Online task management: Category formation, commenting, screen sharing, and relevant updates.
• Team communication: Direct messages, video/audio calls, discussion channels, and real-time communications
• File sharing: Organize and share files and folders with teams and clients.
• Calendar: Project calendar, event creations, as well as deadlines and milestone visualization.
• Reporting: Analyze and report data on project progress, workload charts, and team performance.
• Integrations and permission-based data access.
• Managing multiple projects becomes simpler from your computer, phone, or tablet.
• Team interactions turn more organized, channeled and effective, improving the way teams work together.
• You know the status of any task or project at any given time.
• Accurate reports enhance future strategies and implementation.
• The data is not only secure but also remains accessible to people you allow.
You can subscribe to any of the four Teamwork plans Wimi offers: Free, Team ($15/user/month), Enterprise ($18/user/month), and a custom Armoured quote. There is a 14-day free trial too.
Turn your mail inbox into a visual task board with Flow-e; this is a powerful visual task board for your email. The user can find many crucial productivity software features through Flow-e like he/she can delegate tasks, schedule meetings, manage work, and set the deadlines from their inbox. Associate your task management feature with your email and increase team productivity. The user can even track delegated tasks of the team through this software.
• Transformation of your mailbox into your personalized, visual taskboard.
• Calendar visualization: Schedule meetings, events, and reminders right from your inbox.
• Task delegation through your mailbox.
• Reminders for every crucial email, task, and deadline.
• Conversation grouping by topics.
• You don’t have to install a separate to-do app as your mailbox turns into one for you.
• You won’t miss any important task, event, or meeting with its real-time updates and visualizations.
• You can keep a tab on all your work right from your mailbox.
• Your data security stays intact as Flow-e doesn’t store your mails.
Flow-e is available in Personal and Team packages. While the Personal is free to use, the Team version includes Flow-e + Kanbanize where the former remains free.
The ultimate way to turn your Gmail into a shared Inbox for your team and it’s all possible through Drag. By using Drag as unique business productivity software, you can manage all tasks through this software. It’s simple and intuitive software where the user can find the ability to get things done with ease. The user can easily turn their Gmail into CRM, Marketing platform, project management platform and help desk platform.
• Workspace formation out of your Gmail.
• Shared inbox, drafts, boards, and labels.
• Internal chats, email assignments, and mentions.
• Kanban layout, list views, checklists, email notes, and due dates.
• Workflow automation, activity logs, and collision detection.
• Email templates, color coding, and sorting.
• Integration with other apps.
• Insights and analysis through tracking and reporting.
• Your Gmail turns your comprehensive workspace, saving you considerable time.
• Teamwork transforms from chaotic to smooth.
• Collaborating on multiple projects/tasks with different teams is no more confusing.
• Getting a bird’s eye view of the workflow becomes effortless and missing a due date a thing of the past.
• You make timely, better decisions, thanks to insightful reports and tracking.
Drag is Free Forever with specific features. Its Pro plan, with elaborated features, has a pricing of $8 per user, per month. You can also opt for a free 14 days’ trial.
Integrate your apps, boost productivity in your team, and revolutionize your work with Basaas. This productivity software is trusted by more than 1300 teams around the world. Basaas offers a smart workplace for each employee by allowing them to share apps and widgets over one single platform. This software allows customization to match up your corporate identity, motivate team members, and create a fun-filled work environment.
• App unification: Access and switch between various apps/widgets in just a click. No credentials or log-ins and log-outs are needed.
• Cross-application search to find what you require faster.
• Data additions, edits, and views.
• User management, app management, and sharing.
• Corporate app creation.
• Automatic notifications.
• Customized dashboard.
• Smart task manager to present all your tasks in one place.
• Built-in password manager.
• Usage analytics.
• Data encryption and privacy.
• It integrates with the world’s top apps, building a smart workplace for you.
• It is time-saving as you can discover all of your favorite applications in one place.
• It offers insightful overviews of your work - be it appointments, tasks, or contacts; enhancing your productivity significantly.
Its usage analysis helps lower shadow IT.
• It offers access to information on your preferred device.
Basaas is available in four plans: Free, Smart ($6.50), Professional ($9.50), and Enterprise (custom quote) on per member, per month basis. The pricing varies with the number of users.
Get feedback about your personal work productivity with Y-Productive; it’s personal productivity software for Mac and Windows users. The user can easily increase their efficiency and productivity through this software. It’s a helpful way where you can track actual time spent on work and get feedback on your productivity. You can easily control your work behavior and block digital distractions through this software. Y-Productive offers the easiest way to focus on important tasks.
• Streamlined information of your workday on one screen.
• Detailed behavior analysis:
• Marks your desktop and web activities as “Unproductive” or “Productive”.
• Tracks the time you spend on various apps/websites.
• Calculates the total number of distractions.
• Productivity feedback in real-time.
• Focus mode to block distracting websites/apps.
• Task allocation under projects and its summarized stats.
• Insightful productivity reports by weeks/days/months.
• It makes your work more organized.
• It becomes easier to track the actual time you devote to work.
• It helps identify and block distractions, raising your concentration.
• It provides easy-to-grasp performance insights, helping you elevate your efficiency.
• It assists in building a productivity habit and owning work behavior.
You can download Y-Productive (Windows or macOS) for free.
Get Quick Comparison of Top Productivity Software
|Productivity Features||Samepage||I Done This||Drag||Flock||TrackTik||Zoho Cliq||Flow-e||Y-Productive||Taskfeed||TickTick|
|Price||$7.00/ month/user||$48.00/ year/user||$3.00/ month/user||$4.50/ month/user||Not provided by vendor||$3.00/ month/user||$5.00/ month/user||$7.00/ month/user||$25.00/ month/user||$2.79/ month/user|
Productivity Software Buyer's Guide
Productivity software falls in those categories of applications that assist users by enhancing their efficiency. Creating essential documents, graphs, presentations, worksheets, and databases are some of the prime examples. Users of productivity apps mostly belong to business sectors who use software like database management system, spreadsheet applications, graphics designing software, word processors to carry their daily tasks. They also go by the name communication and collaboration programs that aid users to do their regular job with ease.
» What is the meaning of productivity?
Productivity in business phrase points to a state of being able to do more in less time without compromising on the quality of tasks at hand. Often misunderstood as being busy, being productive means having more free time to indulge in activities you find relaxing and enjoyable. It is more about working smart rather than working hard.
» What is Productivity Software?
Employee productivity or workforce productivity denotes the process that calculates the efficiency of a worker or group of workers. A productivity software enhances that efficiency by making it easy for the employer to facilitates works for the employees. In the paperless world, businesses execute their tasks through digital means, and it happens via productivity tools. With a top productivity software like Microsoft Word, one can easily create, modify, store and share their crucial documents without depending upon the traditional paper-based documentation process. It usually simplifies the complex process associated with conventional methods while promoting productivity and eradicating unnecessary time consumption.
» Is it worth investing money in Productivity Software?
The best productivity software comes with a bundle of features that helps your employees to stay focused, updated and motivated. As most productivity software uses cloud-based computing, it doesn’t require a physical storage unit, which significantly reduces your storage management cost. Besides, with each process being handled digitally, you don’t have to follow the complicated manual documentation process, neither you have to keep a stack of old files piling with dust, inside the corner of the storage room. They are easy to operate, and most of the necessary features don’t require any great coding skills or technical skills. Hence, it reduces the cost which you might expend for training your new employees.
All the above benefits don’t even cover a glimpse of what productivity has to offer. Feel free to read further for in-depth insight.
» Before choosing any Productivity Software?
With a simple online search, you will find a vast list of productivity software with different subscription fees. While some offer a comprehensive pack of tools, others comprise of stand-alone software that is developed specially for niche businesses. Therefore, it’s essential to use your wits before investing in any productivity apps.
› Your type of business:
Before opting for online productivity software, make sure you check all the features of a productivity tool and make a list of how much you need them. For example, if your business focuses solely on designing, then you can buy a standalone Photoshop or Corel draw app. Likewise, if you think your business will do well with database management, word processing, spreadsheets, data management features, then you might invest in a full package of Productivity software.
Every investment has a return on investment. If today you are investing in service or commodity, then it will benefit you sooner or later. However, your investment entirely depends upon the time frame of your expected return. If you are a small company, and you invest more than your profits, then that will result in counter productivity. Meanwhile, if you think your business is lacking behind due to productivity issues, then there are various free versions of productivity software (although they don't comprise most of the feature), you can try.
While subscribing to a premium version of a productivity monitoring software, make sure you are not overpaying it. You will find ample of software which offers similar features at a great price. Sometimes good pricing brings good customer experience, so better perform in-depth research of the software.
» How to choose the best Productivity Software?
Although availing features must remain the prime focus of business while going for the best productivity software, you must buy software that does what it claims and do it efficiently.
However, there are other factors that you must consider as well:
› User –friendly:
The work of productivity software is to make things better for the organization rather than bringing complication in the work culture. Good user-friendly software enables even your most technologically challenged employees to carry their work efficiently with minimum supervision. So, before buying a premium, try the demo version for a few days and see the response of your employees.
› Customer Support:
Encountering minor setback and error is quite common while using new software for the first time. With robust and prompt customer support, you can quickly get rid of your software complications and learn how to tackle small errors in the future. Go through the reviews of the software, and ensure they have an exclusive 24X7 customer support system.
» Questions to ask a vendor when buying best Productivity Software
1. Does your productivity software include project management capabilities?
2. Does the solution offer cross-platform compatibility?
3. Is the software accessible from any device, at any time, remotely?
4. Will I be able to monitor my workforce, both in-office and remote, through the software?
5. Does the system come with time tracking functionality?
6. How secure is my data?
7. Can I define roles and permissions to limit access to certain information?
8. Is it possible to integrate the software with other organizational systems I already use?
9. How does it streamline communication? Does it support video conferencing, group chats, one-on-one messages, and screen sharing?
10. Is it easy to work on different projects leveraging your software?
11. Is it simple enough to use and learn even by the non-tech-savvy staff?
12. Can the system convert tasks automatically from discussions?
13. How flexible is the software? Would it scale to meet the future growing needs?
14. Does the system offer real-time alerts and updates?
15. Can the software keep us updated about the progress and critical milestones?
16. How simple is it to share and search documents?
17. What kind of reporting does it offer?
18. Does it allow different teams to collaborate seamlessly?
19. Does the solution support more than one language?
20. Can the solution bundle up notifications?
21. How long is the implementation period?
22. What is the training duration?
23. What type of support can I expect after purchasing the software?
24. Is the system customizable to meet my unique requirements?
25. Have you served clients in my niche before?
26. Is the cost all-inclusive?
» How does Productivity Software work?
First of all, productivity software belongs to a diverse range of tools, which can’t be put under one umbrella. Although, most productivity tools like Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Open Office, Plus Office, Zoho includes a myriad of productivity tools that facilitate a comprehensive benefit for all businesses. The work of top Productivity software starts from organizing your files to editing them with pictures & videos, creating databases, sending emails, creating business cards etc.
The software is a modified and user-friendly version of complicated tools which was once only used to hardcore professionals. However, the emergence of technology has made everything within the click of a few buttons.
» What are the features of Productivity Software?
› Word and data processing software:
Even though digital imagery and videos have dominated the world, written words still hold vital importance in businesses. Whether it’s regarding developing a marketing plan or releasing a memo or a benefits policy, the importance of words will always maintain a top priority in an organization.
Word processing software helps in creating those documents by facilitating a digital platform where one can enter text and store them for the future. The software also allows you to copy the text, modify it and even delete it when required. High modification and alteration features of the word processing include copying, moving, removing, changing the text’s size, text’s font, bolding the text, underlining etc. Some best productivity software for small business comes with exclusive tools like spelling & grammar correction, table & infographic creation etc.
The format features allow you to manage your texts into columns, add header & footer, insert pictures, page numbers, calendar etc. the word processing software saves your countless time spent in writing address and name of the sender in each letter. With merge function, you don’t rewrite a message every time for a new person. You might confuse word processing software with text editors, but it’s the myriad of unique features of word processor that differentiate it from the later.
› Spreadsheet software:
If word-processors escalate your written texts, a spreadsheet software enhances the way you work with numbers. This feature of cloud productivity software changes the way you deal with calculation and functionalities by improving your data handling ability. This software helps in creating data, modify data and populate fields by allowing you to interact with various databases. Its offline and online sharing facility makes it easier for you to collaborate with your employees in a much easier way.
The UI of a spreadsheet consists of rows and columns also known as cells. Users can fill the Cells with texts and numerical data. Contrary to other complicated data processing applications, spreadsheet software allows easier mathematical calculations. Some advanced features in spreadsheets include multiple functions and conditional expressions.
› Presentation software:
You can call it the best productivity software for small business if you find this feature in a productivity app. With this app, you can create a presentation in the trendiest way possible. Creating a captivating presentation is a hassle, which no one wants to get involved. Utilizing this feature, you can put images, texts, audio/video to your ideas and serve your vivid presentation in a platter.
There was a time when presenters used to hold the pre-written posters in front of a projector, and the graphics were printed on a transparent plastic film. The process was quite inflexible as even a single mismatch could result in a complete do-over. With the advent of presentation software now you will find ample of tools that seamlessly combines text with general media enabling you to create a bedazzling presentation within minutes.
› Database software:
Database software plays a crucial role in creating databases and managing the information stored in them. Also called database management systems or DBMS in organizations, these tools allow users to store, modify, retrieve and search for specific information. A database software comes in handy if you are running a business and wants to keep your bookkeeping tasks updated. Besides, if you own a website and wants to compile your client lists in your site, you might need a database software to carry that work efficiently.
Any top business productivity software includes database management software in its bundle. For example, Microsoft Office comes with Microsoft Access. Some standalone DBMS software includes Filemaker, Delicious monster software, abanquest, MySQL, Oracle etc.
› Graphics design:
Graphics designing plays a crucial role in capturing the attention of a large section of customers. Most businesses use a combination of content and graphics to make their information captivating, ensuring a successful conveying of information to the target audience. The graphic designing feature in a productivity software allows users to create, modify and integrate other factors in an image. You can convert a bland 2d image into 3d by adding a few simple tweaks. You will find various Could-based and web apps which offers such features at a nominal price. However, with a productivity monitoring software, you will get these features with the bundle pack.
› File management software:
Usually, a file management software allows you to store, arrange, and retrieve your files from a storage location. You can create new files & folders, modify information and move them from one place to another. The app also enables you to add or edit metadata to the data along with making you sort your files easily as per their size, creation date, file format etc.
› Organization and time-management:
Whether it’s an offline or online productivity software, all come with time-management features like calendars or to-do-list that helps an organization to manage their team efficiently. With an organizing tool, employees can list their daily work and set the deadline as per the requirement. The reminder feature in the app helps a user to stay with the schedule.
» What are the benefits of Productivity software?
Irregular workflow poses a tremendous challenge for project managers to the extent that it might cost them a promising deal. Modification in working hours, unavailability of a team in one place always results in a communication gap, leading to unorganized workflow. A productivity software helps in bridging the distance gap between employees and make the world one small place.
› Staying in the schedule:
Whether you have a team of fixed-timers or freelancers, direct communication is essential to keep the work going. A productivity tool helps you manage your workforce irrespective of your geographical location. Most productivity tools allow you to assign specific tasks to your employees and set a deadline for them. It also lets your team interact with each other and share their work on one platform. For example, MS word features live co-authoring where more than two writers can edit a single document on a real-time basis.
› Convey information for rapidly:
Team productivity software comes with visual components and text formatting options, allowing you to target every type of customers. Through this app, you can customize your marketing approach accordingly. You can integrate vivid infographics along with videos to make your information more lucrative for your customers. What makes it better is its simplicity. Most productivity software developers focus on creating a user-friendly interface, allowing non-technical employees to execute a premium level work. Unlike the traditional process, it doesn’t take a significant time for modification or alteration, which saves a considerable amount of time of the employees.
› Familiarization is easier:
Training a new employee to carry a task always hinders the current process, which further reflects in the productivity report of the overall team. The productivity apps help a newbie to carry out his/her work without following a robust training process. As every feature is at disposal, your new employee won't waste precious time by interrupting you every single second. Less interruption means less distraction for team member and lets the new employee get onboard with your current team as faster as possible.
› Deliver on Time:
It all depends on the tools you choose for your business. There are productivity tools which track your every move on a project. Whether to set individual tasks to all your employees or divided a single responsibility among them, it’s crucial that they all complete it within time. A productivity tool let your employee stays on track by continually reminding them of their next submission. You can track their project report in a single click, rather than calling them individually.
» How Much Does Productivity software Cost?
When it comes to productivity software, you will find a lot of open-source and free apps on the internet. Although they do most of the jobs as similar to paid apps, using open-source software is always a risky business, especially when it involves handling classified data. The price of for a premium subscription ranges from $50 to $500, depending upon the cloud storage capacity and the features they offer.
The market is transforming at an exponential rate, and there is no back out option once you enter in the race of time. The only option for you, as a business person is to brace yourself and move along the time. An online productivity tool helps you deliver promising results with high-efficiency and paying a small price for it instead benefits you in the long run than hurting you financially.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is productivity software used for?
Increase your productivity with the best productivity software. The productivity software makes your job easier and it also allows you to get more work done in less time. Productivity software provides the best features where you can create documents, presentations, projects, design, and much more. There are two types of productivity software: personal & office productivity software. If you use productivity software for your team, you can easily collaborate with them. You can share files and communicate with them through the software. It’s helpful technology to improve team collaboration and productivity.
What are key features of productivity software?
- Document creation
- Presentation tools
- Database creation
- Office suite
- Notes management
- File sharing
- Team communication
What are the types of productivity tools?
- Personal Productivity Software
- Office Productivity Software
What is the importance of productivity tools?
- Improved task management
- Improved collaboration
- Improved project management
- Improved productivity
- Quick actions
- Centralized documents
- Improved employee satisfaction
- Improved customer satisfaction
What is the best software for productivity?
- Zoho Cliq
- I Done This
- Office 365
How much does productivity software cost?
The software can begin around $03/month/user to $25/month/user.
Related Software Categories
» Online Training Software - Online training is one of the great paths to increased sales and enhanced productivity for employees as well as employers. Companies have shifted from on-site training to online training with the rise of technology.
» Business Performance Management Software - A Business Performance Management Software was earlier used only in the finance departments, but times have changed, and this software is being used by a number of businesses in order to increase the business intelligence.
» Employee Scheduling Software - Employee scheduling software, as the name suggests automates and schedules the employees’ regular schedule. So the basic definition goes like this – software that processes, creates and maintains the schedule of staff or an employee of any company is called employee scheduling software.
» Collaboration Software - A Collaboration Software is responsible for enabling the process of sharing, processing, and managing files, data, and various other kinds of documents among a number of users or various systems within the same organization.