» What is Church Management Software? - Church management software is a technical solution designed for use by churches as well as other religious organizations. Also known as ChMS, the system helps churches organize, manage and automate their everyday operations with ease. The tasks handled by such a computerized system range from simple to the most complex. For instance, managing member databases and communications to tracking online giving.
» How to choose the best church management software? - To reap the desired benefits from a church management system, you need to choose the right solution with the right set of features. While features tend to vary with the vendors and the church’s requirements, certain factors remain constant. An ideal church management solution would allow you to easily capture, monitor, and maintain your members’ data. It would also facilitate recording and tracking of member attendance at your church and events. The software would also offer management of donations and contributions, including online giving. Apart from that, look for a system that contains calendar management, reporting and analytics, secure child check-ins, and seamless communications within the entire group. And since there is a sea of such systems in the market, we’ve compiled a list of the best 20+ church management software here so you can choose nothing but the best.
List of Top Church Management Software 2023 | Best Church Software
1. Breeze ChMS
The world’s easiest web-based church management software for small and mid-sized churches; Breeze ChMS offers the feature where the user can comfortably store an unlimited amount of information of each person by adding a custom field. The user can also organize and communicate with groups through Breez ChMS. It’s easy to use software to maintain the financial health of the Church; the user can track giving and generate report through the software. You can schedule volunteer for events and organize all church events through Breez ChMS.
• Add and store unlimited people with a handy information filter. You can also form and share photo directories as well as send texts and emails.
• Automate group creation, schedule messages, and view stats.
• Secure text and online giving.
• Track gifts and donors, in addition to generating reports.
• Control user access to protect crucial information and church data.
• Calendar integration, attendance tracking, event management, and children check-ins.
• Support for hassle-free import/migration of your data into the Breeze system.
• It simplifies the organizing and management of your people and groups.
• It saves your time, resources, and efforts through automation.
• It provides a detailed view of the church’s financial health through insightful reports.
• It increases security as you can set who can view which information.
• It quickly gets you up and running with prompt assistance.
The web-based church management system by Breeze is available at monthly pricing of $67 for all the features, unlimited users, and free setup and upgrades.
2. Church Community Builder
Church management software for the engaged church community; Church Community Builder is a helpful church software to connect with your community people. The user can build and maintain small groups with the effective communication feature of Church Community Builder. It’s also a robust software platform for volunteer scheduling and online giving & donor management. The software offers web forms feature, children check-in feature, multi-site support, and much more to the users.
• Member, People, and Group Management tool for enhanced communication, management and follow-up with your people.
• Offers all the details about your people at one place, right from volunteering, groups and giving to information such as their birthdays and care requirement.
• Secure check-ins with text support.
• Simpler management of your schedules, service plans, and song libraries.
• Hassle-free digital donations across devices with support for automated giving reports, donor analysis reports, and year-end statements of giving.
• Integrations with other apps, including Pushpay, Checkr, and Belay.
• Access from any device, irrespective of your geographical location.
The church management software by Tithe.ly helps:
• The church management system simplifies things for pastors, leaders, admins, and volunteers alike with its easy-to-use UI.
• It significantly boosts the congregation’s engagement level through always up-to-date information.
• Data access from anywhere across devices brings in the much-needed flexibility without compromising accuracy.
• Integrations and automated reports help make informed decisions.
The Church Community Builder comes in three packages:
• Core – Starts at $90/month
• Advanced – Begins at $145 a month
• Complete – Starts at $192 per month
The pricing of all three plans varies with the number of weekly attendance.
High-impact churches choose the Aplos Software Suite to overcome the accounting, contact management, marketing, tithe tracking, and reporting challenges within their organization. Aplos makes your fund accounting fast and easy, automatically accounting for tithes and other giving with advanced financial tracking and detailed giving reports for your supporters.
• Creation of lists and notes to quickly obtain all the information you need at one place.
• Provisions to keep your notes and files private.
• Easy team/group management, scheduling of meetings, and job assignments. Plus, there is group-wide access to meeting agendas and notes.
• Customization of email templates and filters to let you send personalized messages.
• Automated tithe tracking and secure online giving, in addition to one-click preparation of quarterly, monthly, or yearly giving statements.
• Formulation of events, attendance, and online registrations along with reliable check-ins.
• Pastors and ministry leaders can have a quick glance at the data they need, be it about their people, event, or personal notes.
• Group members and volunteers are always in the know of their schedules, increasing engagement.
• Tailor-made emails, letters, and messages make people feel a valued part of the church.
• Tracking tools, digitized giving, reporting, and registrations save your precious time so that you can make real connections with people.
The Aplos Suite costs $59 a month which you can try for free for 15 days. For more advanced features, you can opt for its Advanced Accounting Upgrades and other add-on plans.
4. Tithe.ly Church Giving
Increase giving for Churches and Ministries with Tithe.ly Church Giving; the church management software offers effective tools where the user can find ultimate ways to give, daily deposits feature, in-depth reporting feature, cash/check recording, auto recurring giving feature, text giving and much more. The user can also create and manage church or ministry events through Tithe.ly Church Giving. This software is available in 45 countries and used by 8600+ churches.
• Member, People, and Group Management tool for enhanced communication, management and follow-up with your people.
• Automated workflows to ensure timely completion of all the critical tasks.
• Smart check-ins for volunteers and children even when they are in different locations or rooms.
• Mobile, online, and text tools for hassle-free giving.
• Tracking tools to monitor giving, gifts, and the overall financial standing of your organization.
• Reporting tools to generate comprehensive reports.
The church management software by Tithe.ly helps:
• Lower the time taken for administrative tasks of the church.
• Organize and present the data, be it member profiles or worship programs, in an easy-to-understand format.
• Schedule volunteers and coordinate services.
• Keep track of giving no matter where in the world you are.
• Improve the quality of decision-making with its insights and reports.
Tithe.ly Church Giving Platform is available for free with zero setup cost.
Managing information on families and individuals had never been easy before ACS church management software. This all-in-one church solution is a cloud-based, fully integrated, data managing, and tracking software. ACS provides powerful church management solution through easy to manage contact tools, track and organize contribution details, run fundraising drives, review member’s history, create pictorial directory post and share group calendars, host successful events and manage pastoral shepherding.
• It is a comprehensive cloud-based solution.
• The mechanism to store member details, history, pictorial directory, and census reports.
• Tools to optimize ministry outreach and monitor attendance trends.
• Tools to enhance leader-group communications.
• ACS Facility Scheduler for better management of events and services.
• ACS Checkpoint for increased security of children.
• Quick and reliable verification through ACS Background Checks.
• Multi-location church administration and on-the-go mobile access through its Android and iOS app.
• The cloud-based system, together with a dedicated mobile app, offers greater flexibility and accessibility.
• It streamlines member management and helps strengthen spiritual relationships.
• It simplifies everything associated with event planning and execution, right from registrations to payments.
• It maximizes security and protection and helps you hire the right person.
• It takes the hassles out of managing multiple campuses with its centralized system.
Get in touch with the ACS team for pricing.
CHMeetings is a robust church management software designed for churches of all sizes and denominations. Effortlessly manage church membership, groups, events, follow-up, broadcasts and more! CHMeetings has a proactive Firewall to ensure that your data is kept safe from unauthorized users. Features such as group SMS, cloud hosting, daily backup, and multi-device access are integrated for easy daily church administration. Get support to help your church easily adopt our solution.
• Effective tracking, as well as storage, of member and group data.
• Tools to turn data into actionable reports.
• Provision for smooth addition of members into groups.
• Effortless formation of recurring and one-time events. You can also assign roles, utilize built-in stat reports, and add notes.
• Facility for online contributions
• Complete data security.
• Restrictions on data access.
• Everyday backups, anytime and any-device access, along with free data imports.
• You get uninterrupted access from your preferred device no matter where you are, thanks to cloud hosting.
• Managing members’ data and communicating with groups become simpler.
• Event planning no longer seems hectic, whether it is a one-day picnic or a mega public service, due to its online event admin tools.
• Regular backups, access restrictions, and security tools ensure your data is up-to-date, protected and secured all the time.
• Timely expert assistance if you encounter issues.
ChMeetings is free for up to 100 people. It offers various plans: Small, Medium, Large, Unlimited, and Diocese for $10, $20, $30, $40 and custom pricing, respectively.
7. Blackbaud Church Management
Easy to use scalable church management software, Blackbaud Church Management drives vitality and care for the church’s congregation. It is a holistic system to connect volunteers, staff, and visitors through an automated process. One of the best church management software, Blackbaud keeps the church engaged by maintaining multi-channel communication. The software enhances and builds church relationships by providing them meaningful insights with analytics and reports on its congregant data.
• Simplified giving and tithes through multiple options, such as apps and digitized donation forms.
• Build an all-inclusive church directory and track congregants’ faith journey.
• Drag-and-drop tool for email marketing.
• Communicate via texts and emails, track attendance, and set permissions for group leaders.
• Manage volunteers and check-in kids.
• Plan recurring and one-time events with online payments and registrations.
• Tools for analysis, data health, and reports. You can also view trends in giving, memberships, and faith journey.
• It streamlines congregation management while boosting the engagement level.
• It helps leaders manage groups efficiently.
• It equips you with online event management tools, simplifying the whole process.
• It keeps every child safe in the premises with secure check-ins and outs, emergency alerts, and notes.
• It guides ministries with accurate data, insights, and reports.
• It eliminates data duplication besides offering quick details through its data tools.
You need to connect with the Blackbaud Church Management team for information on pricing.
Donorkite is a great donation management software for churches, charities, and non-profit organizations for donation tracking and data management. It offers unlimited contributors, unlimited donations, and great online donation tools to maximize donation collection, offer immediate acknowledgment, track every donation, and generate regular reports so you can focus on your cause. Manage your team, multiple organizations, and seamlessly integrate custom software features as per your requirement.
• Track every single donation and provide immediate acknowledgment
• Complete donation data management
• Collect donations and donor information online
• Unlimited donations
• Unlimited contributors
• Third-party app integrations with preferred products and services
• Team management – volunteers, resources, etc
• Donor tracking
• Data imports
• Custom reporting
• Employee training to use the software effectively
• Improved workflows for greater efficiency that save time and money
• A single unified database so all the stakeholders are up to date on donation data
• Unlimited Donors
• Report generation
• Team Management
• Multiple organization management
• Third-party integrations
• Complete server control
DonorKite pricing starts at $35.00 per month with setup cost starts at $650. They do not have a free version. DonorKite offers a free trial.
FellowshipOne is an incredible church management solution specifically designed to empower church ministry. The software helps in improving efficiency by establishing communication, empowers the church to spend more time on ministry, and keeps membership information on its fingertips. This is a comprehensive advanced solution with a bundled toolset to streamline the work process. The software is backed with experienced implementation specialists to provide long-term success to church administration.
• Access to all your member/staff data at one place. It also lets members update their information.
• Automated channels, newsletter templates, and email tools for communication between different groups and church teams.
• Real-time, centralized system for church check-ins, be it for classes, events, or child care.
• Out-and-out web-based event management mechanism.
• Volunteer management and tracking tools to hire, train, and assign jobs across campuses or services.
• Real-time information access from mobile phones to church members and staff.
• Online contributions and giving.
• Tools for analysis and reporting to view trends and insights.
• Centralized data makes managing and caring for members easier.
• Various tools for communication builds and fosters connections, creating a stronger community.
• Overseeing events become simpler than ever.
• Online donations and payments make giving a smoother experience for both people and administrative staff.
• Insightful reports keep you up-to-date about the critical trends and data, enhancing the decision-making process.
FellowshipOne offers a free 30-day trial of its church software.
Reaching out to mass members with event’s notice and important texts has never been simpler before Flocknote. This incredible church management software helps in establishing a connection with its members through mass church texting, emails, and other modes of communication. It further manages the member’s database which allows the church to track individual contribution, involvement, and registration. Churches and ministries can reach more people and increase attendance through its “text-to-join” feature.
• Allows the sending of unlimited emails and standard texts.
• Streamlines all the replies you receive at one place.
• Provides analytics to track email opening rate, member count, attendance data, and giving, among other things.
• Text-to-join for member sign-ups.
• Offers creation of unlimited groups for every ministry, department, or sub-group. It also enables multiple admin setup.
• Filters out duplicate data and has centralized contact information.
• It helps grow participants while turning the church into a more connected place.
• It lets you reach members in split seconds.
• It provides precise analysis for more streamlined ministry operations.
• It aids in building a safe environment for communication.
• It consists of an ever-expanding content library for you to edit and customize your messages and campaigns.
• It is Spanish-friendly.
Flocknote is free if you have less than 40 members. For more than 40 members, the pricing begins at $8/month. It also offers a Diocese solution with customized pricing according to your needs.
11. ShelbyNext Membership
ShelbyNext Membership is cloud-based, ministry-focused, all-new church management software that was built to foster growth in the church community. This software is a flexible management solution that can be tailored according to the church’s requirements. This robust mobile app manages members, groups and all church reservations. Now, it’s easy for the church to gain insights into new members, manage multiple check-ins, record attendance, and send mass emails, text, and message.
• Tools to manage individual members and groups.
• Calendar setting that syncs with your church to streamline events, equipment, rooms, and groups.
• Easy-to-use interface to manage and schedule volunteers.
• Customizable check-ins for worship services, classroom themes, and special events.
• The flexibility of group management from anywhere for group leaders, from attendance tracking to communication.
• Communication tools, such as texts and emails.
• Prayer request management within Arena.
• View and edit access to church members for profile edits, family member additions, and giving history overview.
• It helps build a stronger church community, increasing member, and visitor engagement.
• Process management, in addition to the member, volunteer and group management, becomes easier.
• Calendar syncing enables planning with foresight.
• Personalized check-ins and remote access to group leaders for group management increase the flexibility of operations.
• As members can access and edit their information, the data stays up-to-date. Moreover, such transparency boosts member confidence.
ShelbyNext Membership Church Management Software offers a free 30-day trial. Its paid plan costs about $47.70 a month for 100 people. The pricing varies with the number of people.
Churchteams is leading-edge church management software with outstanding features. The software empowers church administration with quick access to the dashboard, customize event cards, manage groups and social church gatherings, easy contribution facilities, and membership management. With Churchteams, it has become easier to enhance church websites, automate, and mobilize the church through single simple keywords.
• Provision for attendees, staff, and guests to send messages for anything they require, right from registrations to giving to check-ins.
• A comprehensive dashboard for staff with all the information they need.
• Text and online giving.
• Clutter-free membership management with mobile access and followups.
• The mechanism to create, find, and monitor groups.
• Check-ins that work across devices.
• Tools to schedule, recruit, and assign roles to volunteers across campuses.
• Automation of repetitive tasks.
• It takes the pain out of the new member registrations and communication.
• It makes it simple for the staff to manage information as well as people.
• Text and online giving provide both freedom and flexibility to members and guests.
• Advanced group management tools help accelerate engagement.
• Task automation frees up staff and allows them to make real connections.
Churchteams’ church management solution is available free of cost for 30 days as a trial. It offers multiple paid plans for Small/Medium, Medium/Large, and Extra Large Churches. The pricing depends upon the total number of people your database has.
13. Elexio Community ChMS
Elexio Community ChMS is an integrated advanced church management software that benefits the church and its congregation in multiple ways. This software is a smart platform to manage church communication by eliminating the traditional hassles. Elexio Community ChMS empowers the church in creating smart reports to track attendance, contribution, gifts, funds, in an incredible way. Elexio Community ChMS is enriched with features like calendar management, smart check-ins, reporting and dashboard, forms and event management, health dashboard.
• Advanced tools to manage people – access information anytime, anywhere, automate follow-ups and workflows, update details, view interaction and giving history, and attach documents/notes.
• Dashboards and reporting to monitor everything, from contribution trends to attendance.
• Communication through emails, voice, and texts in seconds. It also offers push notifications in its mobile app.
• Smart check-ins and calendar sync.
• On-the-go mobile access and volunteer scheduling.
• Tracks giving and allows custom form creation.
• Accurate insights on church’s everyday health.
• It helps you improve your connection with your congregation and staff.
• Its remote access from any device keeps you updated irrespective of where you are, boosting management and increasing flexibility.
• It makes communicating with groups, individuals, and staff easier.
• It takes the burden of repetitive tasks off your team’s shoulders through workflow automation.
• Its reports and analysis ensure you have all the vital data and trends handy.
• It helps organize and manage events better.
Elexio Community ChMS costs around $41.99 per month for 55 people. The price would increase with more people. However, it offers all of its premium features in all the plans at no setup fees.
14. Text In Church
The trusted communication software for all sized Churches; Text In Church is a Church texting and email communication software where the user can follow-up the guests and engage with church members. The software provides the ability to the users to follow-up new visitors and existing members. 23 billion texts are sent each day and 90% texts are read within 3 minutes through Text in Church Software. It’s also easy to integrate with the third-party platform.
• Information gathering directly through your website. It also lets visitors plan their visits.
• One-click integrations with MailChimp, Church Community Builder, and Planning Center.
• Automation of workflows and reminders for staff.
• Ready templates to offer quick follow-ups.
• Two-way messaging. It also facilitates message scheduling.
• It makes collecting information a painless process.
• It streamlines different processes through integrations.
• It aids in building an engaging community of people by making them feel valued through active conversations.
• It is available on-the-go through its Android and iOS apps.
Text In Church’s solution offers three plans: Basic, Pro, and Premium at $37, $67, and $97 per month, respectively. You can also opt for its annual packages or take the free 14-day trial of your preferred plan.
Trusted by more 9000 parishes and 185 dioceses; ParishSOFT was built to manage Accounting, gifting and Family suite for Catholics throughout the world. This time-tested web-based church management software helps in increasing productivity by unifying entire church administration activities. The software helps in keeping track of gifts, contribution, funds offertory, and parish pledge campaigns. ParishSOFT is a powerful solution designed for the Church to keep records for families, Catholic sacraments, communication, and finances.
• It is a cloud-based church management system.
• Family Directory to manage members’ records online anytime, across devices.
• Offering and Pledges to track and manage members’ contributions and pledges.
• Online giving facility.
• Volunteer hiring and scheduling features.
• Custom reporting tools.
• Real-time alerts for your congregation.
• It makes administrative tasks easy for your staff.
• It provides you with seamless communication channels via texts, emails, and more to connect to your people.
• It assists in increasing parishioners’ engagement and involvement in your church.
• It maintains accurate records of data, whether there are new entries or modifications in the existing.
• It offers anytime, anywhere access through computers, tablets, and mobiles.
You can place an inquiry or schedule a product demo by getting in touch with the ParishSOFT team for their church management software.
16. Servant Keeper
Church software that saves your ministry time; Servant Keeper offers quality features for Church management where the user can easily get member and volunteers management feature, donors and contributions management, child check-in & security feature, sacramental records management, events & attendance management and much more through Servant Keeper. It’s also valuable software to build groups and for effective communication. You can analyze church activities through reporting feature of Servant Keeper.
• Data management of unlimited members with online registrations, customizable fields, and skills tracking.
• Tools to manage contributions and donors, track giving, and engage in conversations.
• Security and check-ins for children ministry.
• Sacramental record management as well as event attendance, follow-ups, and participation.
• Group creation as per your defined criteria.
• Data security, research, and reporting tools, along with pastoral care and counseling tools.
• Easy access through web, desktop, and mobile app.
• It is easy to use.
• It makes managing volunteers and members a swift process.
• It facilitates the efficient monitoring of contributions and the overall financial health of the church.
• It helps in creating a safer environment for children’s ministry.
• It aids in establishing better communication which, in turn, builds stronger community relationships.
• Anytime access from any device ensures flexibility of operations without compromising on accuracy.
Servant Keeper Church Management System’s Cloud plan costs $599 as a one-time license fee; for a small church, it is $299. Its Local plan has the same pricing + $50 for each computer you add.
Improve your church’s vision with Kindrid; it’s a church’s giving platform. It’s easy to integrate software with the third-party platform. The user can find Bank Giving (ACH), unlimited designations feature, multi-location tracking, bank-level security, daily and manual deposits feature, event registration, robust reporting, processing fee feature and much more features with Kindrid. It’s secure church management software for all kind of churches.
• A comprehensive, customizable platform along with a fully-featured application.
• Smart admin control – right from dashboard permission restrictions to email customization.
• Support to text, kiosk, debit/credit card, and bank giving.
• Robust reporting tools to generate various vital reports.
• Direct integrations with your current church solutions, including MinistryPlatform, ACS, and breeze.
• Tracking tools to track giving and members across locations from one place.
• It saves your time, resources, and money with its automated processes.
• It maintains data in a meticulous manner, whether it is member information or giving details.
• It holds PCI Level 1 compliance, ensuring maximum data security.
• It improves the planning and decision-making process through precise reports showcasing important trends and insights.
• It simplifies managing operations of multiple locations.
• It makes it easy for people to participate and contribute, boosting involvement levels.
Kindrid church management solution costs $19 per month if the number of Givers ranges between 0 to 100. It also offers a 30-day free trial and custom quote based on your unique requirements.
IconCMO is one of the best church management software that builds church ministry efficiently. This cloud-based flexible software handles directories, mass communication, groups, attendance, and congregants through specialized features. The software keeps ministry connected and updated through membership access module, and mobile apps. IconCMO manages records, sends unlimited emails, takes attendance, review notes, and keep contribution records.
• Offers fund management and tracking, e-giving, data printing, and retention, as well as year-end processing.
• Provides group and people management, customizable fields, attendance tracking, special event reminders, and archives.
• Consists of direct communication channels, including emails and text messages.
• Renders secure check-ins and check-outs of children with photo ids.
• Packs in mobile-friendly event management tools with safe payments and reports.
• It helps streamline your church’s finances.
• It takes the hassle out of managing your team and congregation.
• It is flexible, simple to use, and secure in spite of multiple simultaneous users. It offers proactive support.
• It fosters communication, strengthening the community bond.
• It offers auto backups and upgrades.
The Base Package of church software by IconCMO is priced at $35 per month and around $385 per year. You can also opt for a 30-day free trial.
Affordable Church management software that’s easy to use; ChurchTrac is a Church software for small and large Churches. The user can keep track of people, small groups, attendance, events, finances and more through the software. The user can also find membership management, child check-in & security, contributions & giving, and much more features through ChurchTrac. Church members can update their own profiles, print giving statements, directories and more with ChurchTrac.
• Membership management, including instant directory formation and sending of mass emails.
• Children security and check-ins – emergency contact details, allergy recording, and name tag printing.
• Online donations and giving.
• Donor and contribution report generation.
• Fund budgeting and monitoring.
• Event creation and management – signups and attendance printing.
• Worship scheduling and planning. It also facilitates volunteer and team scheduling.
• It helps you know your people better, building deeper connections.
• It enhances communication at all levels.
• It assists in the creation of a safer ministry for children.
• It streamlines the financial operations of the church through its accurate fund data and reports, saving your time and efforts.
• It takes the headache out of event and worship planning through a centralized church calendar.
ChurchTrac Church Management system is available in three packages: Free, Standard, and Plus. The Free plan includes core features while the Standard package (without accounting, worship scheduling and planning) costs $5 a month for a maximum of 75 people. The Plus plan comes at the price of $15 per month with all the features for up to 75 people.
Manage Church and engage with people through TouchPoint; it’s flexible church management software for church members. The user can maintain records of people, families and church membership through TouchPoint. It’s also a dominant solution for church organizations, attendance tracking, and online registration. This church management software is accessible through any devices from anywhere. You can also manage contribution and pledge management through TouchPoint.
• Easy to add, update, and view member data. You can also group the data and link them.
• Automatic data syncing in real-time.
• Robust search functionality.
• From email lists to events, volunteers, and group management, access varied tools at one place.
• Dashboard customization for specific user roles.
• Report generation, sharing, and exports to Excel.
• Customizable, flexible, and fully-featured online giving, along with giving statements and history.
• Seamless communication across devices through tailor-made emails and two-way messaging.
• It is a mobile responsive system. There’s also a full-featured, personalized mobile application.
• You can take a quick glance at the information you want in real-time without any data discrepancies.
• Precise analytics enhances your decision-making capabilities.
• You can connect to your people through smoother communication channels, making them feel valued. That, in turn, increases engagement.
• Secure mobile and online giving boost contributions, minus any markups.
• You and your congregants can have accurate details of the giving through robust reports and statements.
• The mobile-first platform and a dedicated app provide flexibility, no matter where you are or which device you are using.
TouchPoint Church Management Software Solution costs about $1800 annually for 600 active records. You can also request a one-to-one demo.
21. Faith Teams
Rightly curated for small and medium-sized churches, Faith Teams is known as one of the best church management software in the market. It is easy to use, affordable and enriched with features that help in building a relationship between congregants and the church. This web-based church management software provides incredible support in establishing mass communication, tracking attendance, schedule volunteers, automate guest follow-ups, and handle contribution, reports, and dashboard.
• Add as many people as you want. You can also do a quick search of the details you require.
• Send emails and texts to individuals and groups.
• Track attendance and check-in children.
• Schedule and send reminders to volunteers.
• Automate processes like follow-ups.
• Accept contributions through text and online giving.
• Track, as well as analyze, data through dashboards and reports.
• Access the cloud-based information on-the-go; through iOS and Android apps.
• It offers anytime, anywhere access to information, taking flexibility a notch higher.
• It makes people management a breeze with a comprehensive, up-to-date database.
• It organizes data for you, right from attendance to offerings, and makes reporting a hassle-free process.
• It saves your precious time through process automation.
• It aids in coming up with more effective plans and making informed decisions.
The Church Software by Faith Teams comes at the monthly pricing of $40 with all the features. It also offers a 30-day free trial.
Improve organizations & grow a healthy church through ChurchTools; its cloud-based church management software helps the user to bring people, operations, and ministry together in one place. The user can get people & group management, resources management, check-in feature, document management, calendar feature, event management, and much more features through ChurchTools. ChurchTools is multilingual software offers digital solutions for effective church management.
• Simpler signups to add new members.
• Tools to create groups and manage member information.
• Event/services planning and coordination.
• Volunteer scheduling.
• Category formation within the church calendar for people to subscribe. You can choose to keep the categories public or private.
• Resource utility approval and monitoring tools.
• Volunteer, member, children, and visitor check-ins with the choice for label printing.
•Dedicated church documentation and knowledge base area called Wiki.
• Web app available in multiple languages, including English, Dutch, Spanish, and French.
• Dedicated mobile app for iOS and Android.
• You can easily organize and access member details. In addition, you can also connect individuals and groups without spending hours into the process.
• You are able to coordinate better events through precise planning, service scheduling, and a synced calendar.
• You get a centralized system when it comes to handling booking resources.
• You attain data accuracy that improves your overall ministry management.
• You can share the right information about the church with the right people through Wiki.
ChurchTools has five packages based on the church size. Package S, M, L, XL, XXL costs $29, $79, $149, $229, and $299 per month, respectively.
Church Management Software Buyer’s Guide
A software application makes the world a better place and the same goes right with churches as well. A Church Management Software can let your church survive and thrive through many tools. This guide will help you to select the best church management software (ChMS) that will better address your needs. It will help you to figure out the right software that will enable you to spend more time with your ministry and less time with paperwork.
» What is the meaning of church management?
» Before Choosing a Good Church Management Software
» Questions to ask a vendor when buying Best Church Management Software
» What are the benefits of Church Management Software?
» What are the features of Church Management Software?
» How much does Church Management Software Cost?
» Which are the Top Church Management Software in 2023?
» What is the meaning of church management?
By definition, church management refers to handling all of the activities and processes required for smoother operations of the church. These processes include managing church finances, members, staff, and volunteers to planning for events and potential risks. Apart from that, organizing schedules and maintaining church assets and facilities also come under church management.
» Before Choosing a Good Church Management Software
With the availability of a large number of options to choose from, anyone can be confused while selecting a good Church Management Software. Hence, we have compiled the most important points one should remember before going for any particular Church Software. So, let’s check them out now.
› Based on Needs:
Understanding the Church’s needs is equally important to that of choosing a good Church Software to work. When you have adequately listed out the points which you require in the software, the task becomes comparatively easy. Thus helping to choose you from a myriad of choices without churning your head.
› Based on Price:
The Church Management Software comes at different prices, mostly differing from each other depending upon their facilities and tools. Hence, one should calculate a user-friendly budget first and then explore the various available software within the price to avoid pressure on the expenditure.
› Based on the Number of People:
The total number of people who will be using the Church Management Software also has a more significant impact on the type of Church Management Software you are going to use. Hence, running an analysis of the total number of users can prevent last-minute headaches.
› Based on Extensions:
Another essential factor is the use of extensions. Many Church Management Software supports a wide range of extensions, which also come with a heavy hiring price. Thus, if you need a customizable Church Software, you may have to pay a hefty amount as your subscription charges.
» Questions to ask a vendor when buying best Church Management Software
1. How long does the church management software implementation take?
2. What kind of resources would I receive after making the purchase?
3. Will the price change in case we expand in the future?
4. Is the software adaptable enough to fulfill the church’s future demands?
5. Does the solution provide easy integrations with other tools that I already use at the church?
6. Is there a one-time fee or monthly/annual billing?
7. How does the management and tracking of volunteers and events work?
8. Does the ChMS include calendars for better planning?
9. How does the software simplify communication, both between my team and with the members? Can I send out mass emails and messages?
10. Are there real-time updates?
11. What about the security of data? What standards do you follow?
12. Is there an integration with social media?
13. Does the system support online giving?
14. How secure and effective is the child check-in function?
15. Would the solution provide analytics and reports?
16. What all features can I customize? Do I need to pay extra for customizing the software?
17. Is the software compatible with mobile devices?
18. Do we need to undergo special training sessions before we can start to use the system?
» What are the benefits of Church Management Software?
It becomes quite challenging to manage the growing number of people for any faith institution, as manual screening can lead to mistakes and hence, give rise to confusion and dissatisfaction among the masses. Here, using a Church Management Software can effectively help in reducing the growth and expansion of such problems.
So, let’s now talk on the numerous benefits a church management software can bestow upon its users.
› Eliminating Pen and Paper-based method:
Following the pen and paper-based processes to list out all the vital Church records and data increases the risk of potential mistakes. This is because a single Church can also house a large number of people as its disciples and hence, maintaining a 100% legitimate and mistake-free data can take both long time and use of more resources to complete.
The Church Database software also streamlines the job for the admin as it collects and gathers all information in a single place, such as calendar events, upcoming meetings, functions, and more. This, when shared with the approved circle members, can notify them in real-time for the future community meetings and more.
› Financial Reports:
What can be better than a Church software which not only helps in managing the Church and its activities but also provides a detailed report on the financial expenditures as desired? With the handy and fully-customizable financial statements, one can easily keep a track on the weekly and monthly spending and plan out a more effective way to increase mass participation while simultaneously ensuring lower expenses.
› Personalized Intimations:
The Church Management Software also comes with personal intimation facilities which are the most elegant way to keep your Church members notified in case of an upcoming function, community meeting, or even a funeral. Moreover, the software also supports mass intimation through emails which saves a lot of time as compared to designing and sending every email individually.
» What are the features of Church Management Software?
Specially designed to reduce the workload on the faith institutions, Church Management Software comes with many unique features which sets them apart from any other management software. So, to have a complete understanding of how to implement and utilize the various elements of the Church Software, let’s have a brief look at the numerous features of the software.
› Membership and Events Management:
With the church bookkeeping software, the faith institutions can keep a track on the total number of believers attending the Church with their times to reduce the dropouts by helping them resolve their issues beforehand. Similarly, the software also comes in handy during organizing events by lending a hand in noting down important details like payment processing, tracking, and reporting, etc.
› Finance Tracker:
The in-built finance tracker also helps the admins or managers to track the total expenditure, uploading every single financial bill in a unique place, adding donations by people and noting revenues all in a single location. Being a handy feature, it allows higher officials to keep a track and verify the bill’s authenticity, thus, preventing any potential frauds.
› Communication Tools:
Furthermore, various Church Software also comes with communication tools which help individuals to send intimations via emails, SMS, or pop-ups to a group of people at a single time. As a wider audience is reached through in a single instance, the communication tools help increase mass participation as well as gain followers to the Church.
› Check-in and Child Security Management:
Nowadays many church management software also comes with check-in and child security management to help you track the entry and exit of the Church members including children which acts as a safe layer concerning the safety of the members. Being ready to use and user-friendly, these trackers can be turned on to manage the activities efficiently for specific meet-ups and locations.
» How much does Church Management Software Cost?
The pricing of a church management software starts at the lowest monthly subscription of $4. There is also some free version available with limited features. Some free versions of church management include Bitrix24, CCIS Church Management Software, and Church Trac, etc. To get the premium feature you, you need to pay a monthly subscription ranging from $5 to $39. Church Trac charges $5, CCIS Church Management Software offers premium at $30, and Bitrix24 has a pricier side with $39 per month.
If you don’t want to involve with the hassle of a monthly payment, then you can buy ACS and Power Church Plus Software, which charges $280 and $395 for a lifetime Subscription. You can also avail the SaaS model of the Power Church Plus Software with a monthly subscription of $39.95 and a yearly price of $455. Other popular church worship software like Breeze ChMS, CCIS, Faithful Steward, charges $50, $30, and $20 per month respectively.
CCIS Church Management Software and Faithful Steward offer web-based platform with a monthly price of $29.99 and $20 respectively. However, you have to pay an additional $20 as an activation charge if you choose Faithful Steward.
All churches have their specific requirement based on the number of followers, donors and the amount of work they execute daily. A church management software comes with various features and benefits, and for that, you have to shell out some extra money as well. While some software with essential element offers free services, they don’t provide the same user-friendly interface or security which are required in this current scenario. Rest, the choice is yours.
With the emerging challenges and issues while running a church or any faith-based community requires the assistance of modern technology. All the product features and benefits we are discussing in the preceding sections are enough to clear your confusions about the usage of the Church Management System. It’s better to realize the crucial aspects of current technology and adapt it to empower our existing technology.
The good thing is that most churches around the world are understanding it and seeing the productive output. Managing your vital resources, finances, along with addressing a myriad of operations is impossible to handle manually. Partnering yourself with technology can help you eradicate all the operational errors and assist you in running your community with full optimization.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Church Management Software?
Church management software is a technical solution designed for use by churches as well as other religious organizations. Also known as ChMS, the system helps churches organize, manage and automate their everyday operations with ease. The tasks handled by such a computerized system range from simple to the most complex. For instance, managing member databases and communications to tracking online giving.
How to Choose a Good Church Management Software?
With the availability of a myriad of options to choose from, choosing a good Church Management Software can be like searching a needle within heaps of straw and pretty intimidating for beginners looking for installing a Church Software for catering the various demands of their Church. Hence, we have created this list by compiling the most important factors to let you make a good choice while going for a specific Church Management Software. Check them out now.
- Services Offered:
Understanding the numerous services offered in different Church Software can ease the pressure on an individual by giving them an idea on the functionality of the software. This helps in tackling the need for going through each Church Software by installing them or subscribing to them and wasting a lot of money. Getting a clear idea about the software can also help achieve the desired results sooner and without much struggle. So, one should be extra careful while choosing a particular church membership software and verify that all the needs are fulfilled with the top services.
Various Church Management Software companies have also come up with the idea of providing their users to access the recorded data and simultaneously track the Church activities through a single mobile app from anywhere and at any time. This ensures that the faith institution is free of any fraudulent and suspicious activities.
Depending upon the facilities and tools availed from the Church software, the pricing can also differ from individual to individual. While the pricing plan of a Church software can start from as low as $10/user/month, at the same time others can demand as high as $500/user/month depending upon their usage and services provided.
Reviews are the next best thing to help you choose good church management and bookkeeping software company when you are being confused in all other categories. Reviews often consist of legitimate remarks from previous customers who have already used the software. This category may also include poor ratings and bad comments, stressing that the software you are looking for might be a fraud. According to experts, a balance of both good and bad comments is often a good measurement to measure software’s service.
What is the best software for Church Management?
- Breeze ChMS
- Servant Keeper
- Church Community Builder
- Text In Church
- Aplos Accounting
- Tithe.ly Church Giving
What's the best Free Church management software?
- Rock RMS
- Working Church
Related Software Categories
» Club Management Software - Club management software is also popular as club membership software. Basically, this type of software is useful for associations and clubs. If you belong to any association or club, this one is a wonderful option for you where you can comfortably manage your business and provide effective customer service.
» Vacation Rental Software - Vacation rental software is the best software for vacation property owners. Basically, it’s the combination of hotel and property management software. It’s quite cool featured software to increase vacation rental revenue.
» Salon Software - Salon management software can be easily accessed even through phones or tablets, and customers can make an appointment anytime from any location. Through this software, you can also manage your inventory with detailed reports and analysis tools.
» Spa Software - Spa software focuses on their customers and their requirement. This software is on fire these days because of its obvious advantages, and it makes sure that your clients are satisfied at every appointment.