In this article
Every eCommerce brand knows how hard it is to succeed online in today’s economy. Modern shoppers are volatile, and with the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s hard for retailers to stay on track with top eCommerce tactics that foster growth. Marketers must also create synergies within the entire spectrum of the supply chain, product design, and website development to provide the best products and customer experience. Not only do retailers need to expertly market their products to the most appealing way, but they also need to beat the competition! The way to do this is to implement easy-to-do eCommerce tactics and top-of-the-line product information management (PIM). A PIM enables retailers and entrepreneurs with busy online marketplaces to enhance their product data and make the most of online shopping. If you have never heard of a PIM before, keep reading. Why can a PIM help you save time or gain customers? How can you significantly increase your sales with the right PIM software? And which one to go for among the full providers within the PIM industry?
What is PIM Software?
A PIM is a tool that gathers important eCommerce data into a single repository. For instance, if your brand is selling multiple types of shoes, a PIM will gather all relevant information around catalogs, prices, inventory, languages, and more, and it will update all your online point of sales accordingly. A PIM enables retailers to maintain data integrity and consistency efficiently while enabling them to save costs, as your employees will be saved from the grunt work involved in maintaining consistency manually. And make no mistake about it, a PIM is far more than a catalog management software — it’s a comprehensive tool for brands, marketers, and supply chain managers to uniformize their product data from their ERP to the final website.
Why do You Need a PIM For Your Business?
For retailers seeking to craft the best online shopping experience for their customers, implementing a PIM presents multiple advantages:
• Uniformity of product data: this saves business owners and their employees from extra work handling boring spreadsheets each step of the way. Every piece of data is compiled into one single place that is updated in real-time as each order is made, as your inventory changes, and as new product catalogs are updated online.
• Huge cost-saving: as the PIM manages all data on behalf of marketers, brand managers, supply chain managers, and the entire business spectrum, retailers can craft outstanding product campaigns with substantially lower costs.
• Smooth shopping experience: a PIM leverages all product data and can help guide customers through the online store by predicting their future purchases based on their past behavior online.
• Enhanced brand reputation: when shoppers talk about your brand and their online experience, they feel at ease and can easily refer you to their network. Word of mouth is powerful for online retailers, and a PIM can help.
How to Choose And Implement a PIM
Choosing the right PIM software depends on your budget and existing processes. But what you need to bear in mind is how easily you can implement the PIM once you’ve chosen the right provider for you. Here are some criteria to assess how to pick up the perfect PIM software that will enable you to save costs, increase sales, and provide your shoppers with an outstanding experience they will love.
• The size of your business: depending on the size of your business, your PIM needs will vary depending upon the number of products you sell. If your business serves a local customer base and carries limited varieties of items, a PIM that handles less than 50 SKUs is likely to be enough. But if you’re a global retailer, you may need to choose a PIM that can handle a far higher amount of product data and can manage unlimited SKUs on multiple storefronts in various countries around the world.
• Your geographic targets: if your customers are all in the same country, you may need a simple PIM software that updates product data, inventory, and prices differently than a larger retailer who sells across different geographic regions with multiple prices, currencies, and languages. Medium-size retailers should opt for a PIM solution that encompasses great product data without overspending on a more expensive solution that may not serve you.
• Existing integrations with eCommerce providers: you need to keep in mind that eCommerce involves working with top providers that are all experts in their relevant markets (for instance, marketing agencies, platforms builders like Shopify, and so on.) These providers are here to help you build a strong place in eCommerce. Think of your desired involvement with top eCommerce providers before choosing your PIM software and identify whether your PIM provider has established partnerships with the leading names in global eCommerce.
• Your desired position in eCommerce: Linked to all the points above, your choice of the best PIM provider will depend on how you wish to position yourself within the eCommerce world. Choose wisely and make the right partnerships to ensure your provider can help you optimally during the implementation process.
Top 11 Product Information Systems
If you are in the market for a top PIM software provider, we have compiled a helpful list of some of the best options available. Check out our list of top PIM providers.
1. Jasper PIM
With a solid decade of expertise in the PIM business, Jasper PIM is your go-to PIM provider. The brand has established partnerships with the leading names in eCommerce (Magento, Shopify Plus, and BigCommerce, to name a few). Depending on the size of your company, you may choose among 4 versions adapted to your growth objectives. Each solution is highly customizable to meet the unique needs of your business.
Akeneo enables retailers of all sizes with global objectives to accelerate their growth with a centralized hub for product information management. Their secure, easy-to-implement PIM software gives retailers the ability to offer customers a cutting edge online experience on all possible points of sales. Akeneo also offers tailor-made PIM solutions for busy retailers.
Headquartered in Sweden, InRiver serves 400 customers and over 1,000 brands on four continents. For any business involved in the omnichannel world, InRiver has the right solutions for you, whether you seek to decrease costs, improve brand equity, or simply gain a competitive edge with a compelling PIM software.
Salsify have you ever wondered with whom Coca Cola, L’Oréal, Bosch, and Rawlings work? Salsify can help you build outstanding PIM to deliver the best customer acquisition and retention on a global scale. If your mission is to go digital in the next few years or to take the next steps toward the most optimized digital presence for your business, choose Salsify.
Syndigo Content Experience Hub connects around 10,000 brands and 1,500 retailers across the globe, providing one of a kind, unique shopping experience based on the latest PIM technology. Online merchants can enhance their product information management with “deep nutritional data” with top syndication, analytics, and verified product management.
Have you ever wondered how Whirlpool or Cisco can perform so well online? Catsy has built a strong reputation in the PIM industry over the last few years and gives brands the ability to manage their product data efficiently with optimized web performance for a smooth shopping experience on all online points of sales.
Pimcore delivers a consolidated platform that encompasses product information, digital assets, and web content management in top resources. Offering cutting edge real-time sync between physical and digital stores, Pimcore is great for retailers with fast growth. With such a “trusted” source of information, Pimcore promotes flexible data modeling and user-friendly data management available to busy online marketplaces.
Propel’s Cloud Software Enterprise is built on Salesforce, which is the world’s most secure platform on which PLM, PIM, and QMS solutions are integrated. They offer transparent and high-performance Product Lifecycle Management for retailers eager to dig deeper into eCommerce. The solutions are easy to implement and permit any online merchants to grow quickly.
Contentserv and Product Sup has justifiably gained an outstanding reputation in the PIM industry. They offer the greatest SAAS platform that truly makes a difference for busy online global marketplaces. Retailers can also manage far more data than before thanks to the top syndication of content across the online points of sales enabled by Product Sup.
You have probably heard of the powerful world of the cloud. SalesLayer is a PIM provider that lets you integrate the best PIM solutions stored in the cloud. PIM is made simple with SalesLayer, allowing you to organize, collect, and manage all product data differently. Discover the next generation of PIM with a leader in the business.
Are you looking to expand in global eCommerce on omnichannel? Try out Plytix and their easy-to-implement, scalable PIM solutions for retailers who wish to provide their customers with a unique experience. Affordable, and with fantastic customer support, it’s easy to navigate in the digital and online retail world with such an amazing PIM provider.
For online marketplaces eager to expand their customer base or simply to decrease costs while maintaining high-performance levels, you can easily implement a PIM software. The best way is to identify your needs and where you seek to improve, then reach out to the right PIM provider to help you set up the best PIM solution for you.
Remember to choose an easy-to-implement, scalable, and customized solution for you so you make the most of your money and time. Implementing a new PIM will permit your shoppers to enjoy the experience as never before when they visit your page, motivating them to return again and again.
If you are unsure where to start with PIM, consult all resources and online articles to get started. Find more information about the latest developments in software and technology with SoftwareWorld. Stay on top of the latest trends in eCommerce, marketing, and the digital world.